Question for folks with carbon front fenders...

HeloMech74

Registered
I recently purchased an OPP front carbon fender and had a few questions about the mounting of the fenders. Mine came with all the mounting holes to mount it to the bike, but there are no holes to attach the brake line brackets to the fender.

Anybody that may have this exact fender, or had one that does not have the holes for the brake lines, what did you do? Did you drill the holes for the brake lines, or did you do something else to mount them?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

I don't have the fender, but I did replace the stock lines with stainless Galfer lines, and they do not need to mount to the fender. Might be a good excuse to upgrade!
biggrin.gif

(Shibumi @ Jun. 29 2007,19:16) I don't have the fender, but I did replace the stock lines with stainless Galfer lines, and they do not need to mount to the fender. Might be a good excuse to upgrade!  
biggrin.gif
I have a Carbon fender and changed to braided lines as well so I don't have to mount them!

Please let us know what you wind up doing on this one as I was looking to buy an OPP fender also and wasn't in a rush to change the brake lines out. What was your take on the quality of the fender? And of course we like to see photos also!
lurk.gif

(JrGMan @ Jun. 30 2007,21:02) Please let us know what you wind up doing on this one as I was looking to buy an OPP fender also and wasn't in a rush to change the brake lines out. What was your take on the quality of the fender? And of course we like to see photos also!
lurk.gif
Go for the brake lines!! That and EBC HH sintered front pads
= 1 finger stoppies on a 550 lb bike!!
SHOCKED.gif
biggrin.gif

... ask me how I know!!
wow.gif

A busa with factory brake lines and pads?. You've been staring at the sun again haven't you?
wow.gif

I have a set of stainless lines on order, so once they arrive, I will install the fender at the same time.

As for the quality of the OPP fender, I can honestly say that I have seen better quality. The build is fine, the finish is less then great. there are pits in the gel coat in certain areas, but not enough to make me want to get rid of it. If I could do it again, I would have bought a Magical Racing fender instead.

I like this one...

don't know whose it is, but pipe up and take credit if it's yours!!
biggrin.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

CFBusa.jpg

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

That bike is sweet. What are people using to convert their bikes to radial brakes like that one? I had thought about doing the same thing, but I have no idea what they are using.

(HeloMech74 @ Jul. 01 2007,13:15) That bike is sweet. What are people using to convert their bikes to radial brakes like that one? I had thought about doing the same thing, but I have no idea what they are using.
Those are Ohlins forks with PVM radial adapters. Forks are $2600 and the adapters are $500. Plus those calipers are are about $1200 a set, and the master cylinder is $600. Goodluck!
I don't believe it's possible to convert stock busa forks to Radial mount. You could just install a GSXR 1000 front end and it would be much cheaper, tho not nearly as cool.

Back