Finally got it

ThunderJohn

Registered
Well my wait is up. I got it. Put 250 miles on it so far. It is so hard to break in without wanting to let loose. But unlike my last bike 5500 rpms is a little more speed on the Busa.

Got rid of the stickers and reflectors handles better now without all the drag.
super.gif

So if anyone in the VA beach northern NC love to meet up a maybe ride a bit.

Busa.JPG

Any suggestions of things I can do off the bat to help me out. Like should I get a tank pad, any other tips. I have already figured out that I need a peg mod my 16's don't fit well on there.

Any other suggestions I am open for.

Looks good! I gotta a '02 Black LE. Love it! Ya know, Black is the fastest color!
beerchug.gif

Looks real good!
bowdown.gif

Sweet ride!
beerchug.gif

You have one more drag causing article to contend with. Lose the air brake under the tail. There are undertails for every taste or the old dremel method for the thrifty.

Sharp bike!
beerchug.gif
 Some mods you may want to check out is kickstand mod, keeps your bike from falling over. With size 16 shoes you must be a big guy. I would say think about a double bubble windshield, bar risers, peg mod (you can lower the stock pegs by taking the rubber off) or pegs off a TL1000 fit with a different bushing, or to go even lower, pegs off a Buel fit with some trimming. One of the first things you will notice if you do any riding at night is the headlight is weak. Most of them are pointed to the ground 6 ' in front of the bike. Raise it helps much, for $20 you can help more with a Sylvania silver star bulb, and the best money you will ever spend on the busa is  HID headlight. Gel grips are also one of the first things I changed. That will give you a start, but the process is ongoing!
SHOCKED.gif

PS Be shure to check your chain adjustment after a couple hundred miles, they get looooooose!

Another Mod you can do that will also help protect your ride is a RoadLok . I would recommend Puig Windscreen for you taller folks. Also another MOD you can do is the Hump Storage Mod it is a cheap mod and will increase your storage.

RoadLoK_1.JPG

Back