save your $$$

Guess im keeping my 03.. and putting that money i was saving .. into getting that m109r.. Maybe i might change my mind once i see it in person.

It makes the m109 just that much more appealing. Ill keep my 04. Thanks Suzuki.
AAAssjani.gif
all_coholic.gif
rock.gif
How the hell would you mount bags on that fat ass ?

IMG_0004a.JPG

Why was this thing such a secret? I don't see anything that impressive, or even that different, so far. I'll wait to see some dyno numbers, I guess.

Actually, I don't see a big difference between the old and new. What I mean...not substantially IMHO.

GSX1300R K8. I think it was smart not to change the name of this bike. It's not vastly improved. Almost like tweaks.

I saw a decked out M109 where I work and lemme tell ya.... that thing was SCHWEET!

Not impressed w/ the new Busa either.  Not like I was going to up and trade mine in though.  I can't fully unleash the potential of my 06' yet (stress that)... why would i up the HP?  I still have MUCH to l-earn.

Besides... it doesn't look as appealing.

All you guys crying about this and that about the 08'. WTF?  The bike hasn't even made a pass down the dragstrip, much less even hit the street and you know everything about it already.  What were you expecting? If you were hoping for a 1500, that was wishful thinking. Why would they do that? So you can say "mine's bigger"? Can you even use the 1300cc's you have now?

This thread reminds me of the guys that write into the magazine cancelling their subscriptions because they featured too many Ducati's or something the previous month.   Think of it this way. Same frame--- radial brakes= updating your existing Gen1 Busa is a bolt-on deal.  This also means you can feasibly bolt on a 01-07' body too.

Using this for a reason to get a 14? Good, have at it.
firedevil.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 27 2007,21:35) All you guys crying about this and that about the 08'. WTF? The bike hasn't even made a pass down the dragstrip, much less even hit the street and you know everything about it already. What were you expecting? If you were hoping for a 1500, that was wishful thinking. Why would they do that? So you can say "mine's bigger"? Can you even use the 1300cc's you have now?

This thread reminds me of the guys that write into the magazine cancelling their subscriptions because they featured too many Ducati's or something the previous month. Think of it this way. Same frame--- radial brakes= updating your existing Gen1 Busa is a bolt-on deal. This also means you can feasibly bolt on a 01-07' body too.

Using this for a reason to get a 14? Good, have at it.
firedevil.gif
Makes you wonder if the new Top end will retrofit???
cool.gif

I bet it's the same engine with a larger bore. The guys on Psychobike said the 08's have chromemoly rods too. I'm gonna get one.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,00:35) All you guys crying about this and that about the 08'. WTF?  The bike hasn't even made a pass down the dragstrip, much less even hit the street and you know everything about it already.  What were you expecting? If you were hoping for a 1500, that was wishful thinking. Why would they do that? So you can say "mine's bigger"? Can you even use the 1300cc's you have now?

This thread reminds me of the guys that write into the magazine cancelling their subscriptions because they featured too many Ducati's or something the previous month.   Think of it this way. Same frame--- radial brakes= updating your existing Gen1 Busa is a bolt-on deal.  This also means you can feasibly bolt on a 01-07' body too.

Using this for a reason to get a 14?  Good, have at it.  
firedevil.gif
Amen to that.
cool.gif

The design team needs to have the diddley dee sh-t kicked out of them for this abomination !
firedevil.gif

(rocktober @ Jun. 27 2007,18:24) don't look like it will be worth up grading to the new busa, from what i see and read , looks like they could have done a better job at  uping the  hp , nothing's changed the 14 still win's
What r u talking about? the old busa was close to the 14 with 51 less cc's, now it's 1340, with 12:5 higher c/r pistons, dual injectors so this bike can rev higher and go like hell, this bike may be ugly, but i predict it will put up some crazy #'s

I am all about the blue, I think it looks awesome. I am not sure about the ass end, the rear cowls look removeable? I was hoping for signal lights in the mirrors, but they look good. I am not crazy about the exhaust, its jjust like all the of the litre bikes. All in all, with all the information of a 5" x 6" picture I give it a solid 9/10, I don't know what guys would expect? I am hoping the tank is not as sharp as it looks, it reminds me of the ninja, and that worries me. My 02 fits great, but if the 08 feels like a kawi 14, there wont be a new horse in my stable.

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,10:28) Ha!!  
laugh.gif

You've predicted the zx-14 wins already, you don't even KNOW anything yet
+1

I think it's ugly (new busa) but that motor (and prolly the aeros) may smoke the 14. Next stop, comparo heads up tests!!

I wasn't in the market for a new one no matter how sweet it might have been and I'll agree that it does have some desired upgrades but possibly having the last LE and a gorgeous one at that, I'm more than happy with what I have. I forgot, see the squirrel? He loves beer nuts!

IMG009__Small_.JPG

In time,,, that look will appear tired.

Ever looked at a 1982 Honda Civic compared to a new 2008 issue?

Uh huh! Thought so!
bluegrab.gif

I did some comparing and the new one is heavier than the 07. So maybe 20 more RWHP and 7 additional pounds. The brakes should be better. Cant decide on the looks until I see it from a few more angles and with a rear seat etc. I am a little disapointed that its heavier. I would have liked to see 20 more RWHP and 25 less pounds.

Back