MotoGP technology

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
What's this do??
rock.gif

I'm guessing it cools Hopkins while he's in his leathers, but who knows...

qp.jpg

Kinda low to keep him cool? maybe its to help keep/get the radiator cooled down.

(BlueHaya @ Jun. 12 2007,19:14) Kinda low to keep him cool?  maybe its to help keep/get the radiator cooled down.
But they haven't even started the bikes yet....

I bet it's a "Competitor Disruptor", you know, like on the original Star Trek when some one pulled a gun that shoot an invisible beam the randomly disrupted all the matter into anti-matter... pull up behind someone, hit the right blink and ZAP!
insp_kirkspock_preview.jpg

(Devil Dog @ Jun. 12 2007,19:57) I agree....I think those are fans for the radiator.
+1 gotta be fans for the Radiator. Those are far bigger than the ones the guys at Daytona were using to plug into the hump on their leathers.

C'mon guys - look at the position of those fans.

They are obviously there to keep the bike stand cool.

Those racer guys have all the neat stuff....

There is NO way those fans keep the radiator cool. For one thing,  they're way too small to generate enough air at the distance they're at to keep any thing cool. And also note the tire warmers. Once they come to the starting positions and take them off for the spotting lap, they do not go back on ! So, what do they do
rock.gif
?

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA, but it isn't cooling any radiators that's for sure !

OK Here's a real guess! Some engineer found that the 175 degree operating temperature of the tire warmers was warming up the water inside the radiator 5-10 degrees or so and by moving the air coming off the warmers it didn't warm the radiator water as much. Or it's there to cool the bike stand! You wouldn't want the mechanics burning their hands would you?

I'm guessing portable speakers for his iPod.
Of course, I'm known to be wrong on occasion J/K.

(Lamb busa @ Jun. 13 2007,13:29) OK  Here's a real guess!  Some engineer found that the 175 degree operating temperature of the tire warmers was warming up the water inside the radiator 5-10 degrees or so and by moving the air coming off the warmers it didn't warm the radiator water as much.  Or it's there to cool the bike stand!  You wouldn't want the mechanics burning their hands would you?
I'd have to dispel that theory (sorry Lamb. but you still da man!!).

I have Chicken Hawk tire warmers that also heat up to 175 F. The heat doesn't dissipate onto the stands whatsoever (maybe a tiny, negligible amount, but nothing to sear your mittens).

besides, 175 is still under operating temp, and if anything, prewarming the radiator would be a good thing. (engines make more hp and wear less when warm)

Oh you guys never seen that before
poke.gif
That makes the shower of sparks that light the rocket boosters you know like a space shuttle....I thought you guys knew about scooters
jump9.gif

Back