what pipes to buy?

joe0523

Registered
I am a new hayabusa owner and was wondering what the best sounding slip on is for an 07 busa. also, do i need a power commander for a slip on?

Hey Joe...  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the oRg!

You don't, typically, need a PC for slip-ons~ There are a lot of options out there for full systems (PC recommended on these) depending on your flavor~ If you want to keep the dual look... I think the HMFs are top notch in looks, sound, and added performance~ If you want to go with a 4-1 system, you have a few to choose from~
I liked the dual, so I went with the HMFs.. never had a 4-1 so I can't really give you any good feedback on those~
Just take your time and shop around~  
cool.gif

What you need to do, is go to a MeetnGreet and listen to all the different pipes. You'll get a 1000 different answers here and still want know what they sound like. And NO the sound tracks don't do justice to some of the pipes. Me, I don't like an overly loud pipe, but one with a lower grunt to it. So I picked the Yoshi's after hearing them last week at the Eureka Springs MeetnGreet. And NO you don't need a PC. But you will probably need to adjust your ECU !  
beerchug.gif

+1 the RS-3 sounds superb, buuuut if ya really got the money to spend get yourself a akrapovick had it on my 02 sounds nice
egitarre77.gif

(DaCol. @ May 28 2007,14:flamethrowing:) What you need to do, is go to a MeetnGreet and listen to all the different pipes. You'll get a 1000 different answers here and still want know what they sound like. And NO the sound tracks don't do justice to some of the pipes. Me, I don't like an overly loud pipe, but one with a lower grunt to it. So I picked the Yoshi's after hearing them last week at the Eureka Springs MeetnGreet. And NO you don't need a PC. But you will probably need to adjust your ECU !  
beerchug.gif
this is a good idea, checking the sound first hand. sound recordings are good but not as good as hearing it in person. sound recordings give you a good idea on the pitch of the pipe.

peronally they all sound good
cool.gif

thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it. i am taking the advise and trying to find a meet n greet in my area to hear the different pipes.

check out the local dragstrip on a friday night and you'll hear plenty of different pipes, also a car show or two wouldn't be a bad idea, we busa owners like to travel in numbers and those places are your best bet if you can't find a meet and greet in your area. Welcome to the org.!!!
beerchug.gif

Hey the sound recordings are pretty close and easy to do these days. We need to get some more recorded on here to help with this hard to answer question. Some on here now but we need more.
super.gif

Back