330 8" over wide tire installion

Why so large in the rear? Do you drag race? Or is it just for looks?

Dude your bike was awesome! Are your fingers that way from the crash? You can rebuild it better and faster! As long as your still breathing and moving! Your a lucky man! Got any suggestions on an install of a 250" tire Do you need the jack shaft? Have a great holiday!!!  
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

First, i'm glad you are ok and that you have not lost the love for these two works of art.

I have a question. How does this type of mod affect the handeling of the bike?

(05BusaLe @ May 25 2007,17:56) Why so large in the rear? Do you drag race? Or is it just for looks?
dude, r u kiddin? you cant drag on a 280, much less a 300, or tha MONSTA 330!!
eek2.gif

just think about the extra weight from the ARM that holds that rim-factor in all that weight, THEN add the giant rubber *snicker, snicker* and the phat rim...not really a great 0-60 combo
all_coholic.gif

but they look hella SWEET from tha back!
bowdown.gif

shake that big money-maker
super.gif

+1 on glad to see ya posting up agin bro-I remember when you had the spill last year, good to hear you're not hidn in a corner-get back in the saddle, and of course, ya gotta come back BIGGER and BADDER than before! congrats on bein back in the Busa saddle!
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif
 Small world....You won't believe this but I now own your old Bike,had a c&s arm on it with a outlaw rear wheel....I would like to know if you sill have the Scorpio Sr-I500 alarm keypad???If so can I buy it?

Here it is sitting in my shop...before disassembly

i00116.jpg

(8Daytona8 @ May 25 2007,16:10) Dude your bike was awesome! Are your fingers that way from the crash? You can rebuild it better and faster! As long as your still breathing and moving! Your a lucky man! Got any suggestions on an install of a 250" tire Do you need the jack shaft? Have a great holiday!!!  
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

You need a wide tire swingarm...I can get you one if you want..Who sold you that wheel?did they say it would bolt right up?Did they not say anything abot needing a arm?

(nitrousjunkie @ May 26 2007,12:05) Daniel, is the C&S arm salvageable? Let me know?
It wasn't only thing I could save was the misc axle sliders and stuff... I got it mainly for frame and motor and was hoping it and the wheel were repairable but wasn't...I will honestly say it was a good deal for me after I stripped it all down...It will be hot when finished...

(GoldenChild @ May 26 2007,09:36)
biggrin.gif
Small world....You won't believe this but I now own your old Bike,had a c&s arm on it with a outlaw rear wheel....I would like to know if you sill have the Scorpio Sr-I500 alarm keypad???If so can I buy it?

Here it is sitting in my shop...before disassembly
Hello, Thats wild you have my old crashed bike! i sold the scorpio remote to someone here on the board. you can just get a new one from scorpio and re program it i think.

By the way, that motor was taken very good care of .... well until that night... LOL
i still have the original rear tire/rim set up here.

(GoldenChild @ May 26 2007,11:58)
(8Daytona8 @ May 25 2007,16:10) Dude your bike was awesome! Are your fingers that way from the crash? You can rebuild it better and faster! As long as your still breathing and moving! Your a lucky man! Got any suggestions on an install of a 250" tire Do you need the jack shaft? Have a great holiday!!!
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

You need a wide tire swingarm...I can get you one if you want..Who sold you that wheel?did they say it would bolt right up?Did they not say anything abot needing a arm?
My little finger was snipped off by the clutch lever and hanging off but was sewn back on and its now bent all crazy like.... its pretty useless except its great for stirring hot coffee!
laugh.gif

both legs got mashed, lung punctured, spleen ripped.. u know, the usual "body into car" injuries.

im pretty sure you will need a jack shaft.

haya_jackshaft.jpg

(TurboSN95 @ May 26 2007,16:16) Is that photo taken at Miller Race Cars???
Picture was taken at Miller Racing, your right. I will be back to see the boyz next week for some pipe welding on the new 330 project. they really know their way around exhaust work. Good bunch of guys.

haya_Miller_sign_500.jpg

Yeah they are a good bunch of guys. You probably know Yanni and Joe too, the guys with the black 7-second Cobra... more good friends of mine. I live 2 miles away from that shop.

(05BusaLe @ May 25 2007,15:56) Why so large in the rear? Do you drag race? Or is it just for looks?
i don't race or go into shows, i just like the freaky look. even when i pull into a hard core Harley type biker bar the old timers say to me " Kid, i normally don,t like those plastic rice rockets but DAMN! That thing is SICK lookin!"

i also don,t "bling" it out. no super long swing arm, no chrome, no pin stripping, no neon... that sort of thing is not for me. I like it to look like i just stuffed a gigantic monster tire under the the bike, kinda the look of a like a stockish '66 Nova with wheel tub's and fat street slicks... a sleeper.

haya_beach_sand_fat_600.jpg

(Bigger-Busa @ May 26 2007,19:31)
(05BusaLe @ May 25 2007,15:56) Why so large in the rear? Do you drag race? Or is it just for looks?
i don't race or go into shows, i just like the freaky look. even when i pull into a hard core Harley type biker bar the old timers say to me " Kid, i normally don,t like those plastic rice rockets but DAMN! That thing is SICK lookin!"

i also don,t "bling" it out. no super long swing arm, no chrome, no pin stripping, no neon... that sort of thing is not for me. I like it to look like i just stuffed a gigantic monster tire under the the bike, kinda the look of a like a stockish '66 Nova with wheel tub's and fat street slicks... a sleeper.
Yeah, I noticed that about your last build. I was hoping in this rendition, you'd at least get a matching front rim though.

Glad to see you're back at it. I downloaded all of the pics from your crash thread way back. I am sure you know you're lucky to be here.

I enjoyed your write ups during the last build, and look forward to this one.

beerchug.gif

(busaoc @ May 25 2007,21:56) First, i'm glad you are ok and that you have not lost the love for these two works of art.

I have a question. How does this type of mod affect the handeling of the bike?
Thanks! that very nice to hear.
I put 16K miles on the 300kit in one Connecticut summer. i ride almost everyday. it is differently different than when it was stock but is very drivable.

it kinda feels like you have a trailer attached to the back. Theres extra weight for sure and you gotta throw it into the corners a little harder and when your leaning thru a corner you sometimes need to carve a bit. that is, lean, straighten, lean, straighten... as your riding on the edge of the fat rear tire and you got that little front one tryin like hell to keep ya good and straight LOL

haya_backdoor_800.jpg

Back