PMRA Rd. 2 photos

cartire busa

Registered
Just wanted to publicly thank those great people responsible for the photos at the last PMRA event.  We really enjoyed the photos of the rear tire of our bike on the launch.  I crossed the center line on the semi-final bye in Top Gas, which explains the disqualification posted in the results for the final, but had a pretty good day for the 1st time out with the bike on the bottle.  Thanks again, and we bought shirts for the whole crew!  See you at the races!
Bryan Entz
TG571

super.gif
are you going to post the pics?

Bryan is talking about these pictures Captain took!  
PMRA Round 2 Pics Link

Here is a picture of his bike at the bottom of this message.

Bryan - Glad to see you get the bike sorted out and right in the finals!
beerchug.gif

tv-5-12-07+090.jpg

Make sure you tap me next time you are there and I will get a complete stop of your back tire.... I will get some snazzy pics of your bike too... Are you going to be at the races in June?

Thanks Captain!  You bet on the June race.  I have got the bike on the air-lift right now putting a new tire on it, and hoping to get the data logger working before the June race as well.  We were going to take the video camera down to the next one so we could see how high the front wheel is at about the 60' light.  We know a lot of our trouble was that the rear tire was 3 years old, but only had about 15 runs on it.  Thought it would be o.k. with the slider clutch, but just wouldn't hook when the NOS was applied.  Also, we had the tire pressure too low.  You pics confirmed that.  Probably a good 1/2 lb to 3/4 lb low.  We also think the wheelie bar height might not be exactly where we need it (this is where the 60' photo helps).  Just takes some time to get it all dialed in, but I think we can truely be competitive at the next race.  Get in touch with me at the races, and I'll show you everything with the body off if your interested.  Thanks again, and we'll see you at the races!
Bryan

Bryan,

What logger are you running? Innovative? I've got AFR, RPM, TPS, GPS, and Injector duty running on mine. If you are running the stock ECU, I may have some of the wiring colors and settings you may need.

Rick

Rick,
I am using the RPM brand. Benji Gibson runs one on his and let me look at some of the data collected on the lap-top. I was amazed at how much information you can get from only a few different sampling. Benji has been a great deal of help with the initial set-up and help, so I'm trying to keep our bikes as similar as possible so we can hopefully help each other out on race day. I really like the Hoosier tires, but Benji runs a M/T, so I am switching only so we are comparing apples to apples on tune-up.
B

I guess I forgot to mention the ignition is actually a crank-trigger by FBG and a Schnitz Pro Series II.  The bike is still water-cooled, and has an all-aluminum small radiator made by Fluidyne.  Here are a few pics without the body...
P8190004.jpg

P8190008.jpg

P8190007.jpg

Back