Hello from Iraq

This is a few of the buildings we built on site for the Army.  Later on, these will be turned over to the Iraqi Army when the area is under control.

I know the look wierd being 1-1/2 stories tall, but it has a purpose.  I just can't say what it is...seriously
wink.gif

With the palm trees and cheap Iraqi wood, it looks like a Motel-6 beach resort.
laugh.gif

Al_Taqaddum___Fard_Al_Qanoon_Project_083sm.JPG

This was taken yesterday. There was a sandstorm rolling through the base, and I got these as I got off the bus going to the chow hall. These two pictures side/side make one long one.

BTW: Sandstorms SUK!

Sandstorm_052407_002sm.JPG

Jim, thanks for your service. I too was a Seabee. Deployed to Viet Nam in 1968 with MCB62 out of Gulfport, Ms. Our Commanding Officer was Cdr. John Paul Jones Jr. Shoot us a PM with you mailing address so we can send you and the boys a care package. Stay safe, and thanks for checking in.

(nitrousjunkie @ May 20 2007,12:flamethrowing:) Get a mag in that weapon,what you gonna stop em with,harsh language? Take care and get back here!
beerchug.gif
+1 All that Battle Rattle isn't going to help if you're just shouting BANG BANG...

What are ya? Air Force?
wink.gif

Good Looking out STalKeR... Good to hear from ya.

i know a chic that is/was (i dunno anything about military really) in sea bees.

I know she is a recruiter now in virginia... but spent some time in mississippi i think.

dunno how big that sea bee thing is but anyway.

keep ya head down and thanks man.

hydrate w/beer! It makes the day more interesting.. lol

(for the smartas*es.. yes I know it wouldn't work)

Thanks for checking in Jim, ditto on the lock and load! Keep safe and God bless you and watch over you and all of our troops.

(GSXcite @ May 25 2007,17:28) Jim, thanks for your service. I too was a Seabee. Deployed to Viet Nam in 1968 with MCB62 out of Gulfport, Ms. Our Commanding Officer was Cdr. John Paul Jones Jr. Shoot us a PM with you mailing address so we can send you and the boys a care package. Stay safe, and thanks for checking in.
PM Sent
cool.gif
Hello my fellow SeaBee
beerchug.gif

(dmrowe @ May 26 2007,00:46) Thanks for checking in Jim, ditto on the lock and load!  Keep safe and God bless you and watch over you and all of our troops.

dahm_triplets_with_american_flag_body_pa.jpg
Now THAT is one very patriotic picture
cool.gif
Thanks!

Back