Polish Only The Outside Lip??

InfiniteReality

Registered
I've seen most people polish the entire lip of the rim, but I decided to only polish only the outside lips instead.  I like the front just like it is, but I'm thinking I should polish the entire lip on the rear rim.  Think I should?

SNC11146.jpg

SNC11168.jpg

SNC11175.jpg

What would it look like if you also polished the spokes and center spline but leave the flat as black?

Just thinking out loud.

--Wag--

(Wag @ May 18 2007,18:15) What would it look like if you also polished the spokes and center spline but leave the flat as black?

Just thinking out loud.

--Wag--
that might actually look good

I'm thinking of polishing the lip and the flat after I paint the hub and spokes silver....

Heres how mine look.. I would leave alone your bike looks shaweet.. I like the Gixxer can how original and whats it sound like..

Copy_of_100_1778__Large_.JPG

Thanks people! I'm not going to polish the spokes for one main reason, it'll be a SOB to keep clean. lol. I'm definitely leaving the front how it is, but still thinking I should do the flat part only on the rear rim... I think it'll make the rim looke "wider"... Choice, choices!
smile.gif

The stock 1K can sounds awesome, sounds about as loud as the RS3 before I chopped 9" off of it. I like the pipe, looks and sound...
smile.gif

smile.gif

I LOVE IT!!! Okay, how do you do that? What did you use?

I have a buddy that offered to do mine, but I've been fearful of the final outcome...it looks great though!

bowdown.gif

(InfiniteReality @ May 21 2007,16:24)
(heavybusa @ May 21 2007,14:07) I did the whole lip.
You did the whole lip all the way to the spokes? Or just as I did? If you did the previous, please post a picture I'd love to see it.
smile.gif
Lika dis..

gregbusa006.jpg

(VaBusa @ May 21 2007,16:27) I LOVE IT!!! Okay, how do you do that? What did you use?

I have a buddy that offered to do mine, but I've been fearful of the final outcome...it looks great though!

bowdown.gif
Its relatively easy, paint remover and a roll of tape.

Dont get the paint remover on anything you want to remain black (although you can easily repaint)

Let the paint remover set and the paint flakes off, take some steel wool and a bucket of water to scrub the rest.

Once the paint is gone you polish away!!

The more you polish the shinier it gets. I recommend a buffer or drill.

I put a lot more work into mine but that is the basics.

Back