Belated trackday pics 4/22/06 Fontana

CP__7218.jpg

Telling the onsite EMT's that I'm OK!! The great thing about trackdays!!! Run as hard as you can and if you crash, Instant help is on the way + plenty of run-off room. In the canyons, that could've been fatal.

CP__7320.jpg

Anyways, in the last 5-7 pics, there was a freight train of 5 riders. BMWK1200, dude on R1, me, My friend Ryan on red R6 and my friend Scott on Kawi ZX-7.

I'm trying to get around the dude on R1, he's trying to get around K1200 (which had lots of brutal power on the straights, but parked it in the corners at around 20 MPH. The 1200 was a friggin' roadblock. We all had a hard time gettin around him b/c the beemer took up most of the riding line. Guy on R1 get around. I finally pass but 5 corners later into Turn 9, I lose front end feel, tuck the front and lowside into the grassy area. I escaped with no injuries. Bike was a little rashed but the frame sliders saved it from LOTS OF DAMAGE. I could've easily gotten back on the track and run full-tilt.

After later inspection of my tires (Dunlop Qualifiers) that I've had since February of this year and on 4 trackdays, Past the wearbars on the very edges front and back!! I had no more grip on the right side.

Oh well, time for some new tires (Michelin Pilot Race medium/softs).

(Lamb busa @ May 21 2007,08:38) Thats a whole lotta redundant pics!  Thanks for posting!
Dang photobucket wasn't letting me post multiple pics on one post for some reason. But it was supposed to be animated b/c they were shot with a high speed camera. So it looked like the same pic but should've told a story.

oh well.
laugh.gif
I guess I just post ho'd my own post.

Great shots bro!!!

Too bad about your fall, at least its minimal damage and no injuries
beerchug.gif

Other that, looked like a great time!

(Charlesbusa @ May 22 2007,09:58) Great shots bro!!!

Too bad about your fall, at least its minimal damage and no injuries  
beerchug.gif

Other that, looked like a great time!
beerchug.gif

Thanx Charles!!

We've got to round up the boys for a "pre-Miller" trackday/practice at least once this summer. I'm very curious to hear bout Spring Mountain. I've heard some good stuff about that place via Roadracingworld.com (they do much of their comparison testing there I guess).

beerchug.gif

I'll definately give you a report about Pahrump.
wink.gif

From what I hear, its similar to Buttonwillow in length and speeds, but even better!
super.gif
super.gif
And Buttonwillow is my favorite track that I've riden
biggrin.gif

super.gif

Wow! They look pretty similar. Pahrump's 7 thru 8 looks like Button's Riverside thru Sweeper minus the lost hills.

BTW-I didn't even know Buttonwillow was 3 miles. Now I REALLY have to give that track a try.

(gtrpimp76 @ May 22 2007,12:17) Wow! They look pretty similar. Pahrump's 7 thru 8 looks like Button's Riverside thru Lost hills minus the little kink.

BTW-I didn't even know Buttonwillow was 3 miles. Now I REALLY have to give that track a try.
Buttonwillow rocks  
super.gif

The only thing it lacks is a proper straight.  On the Busa 3rd gear was the highest, on the 750 I only touched 4th gear for just a second before braking.  The best corners are the Riverside, Cotton Corners to the Grapevine, and the Sweeper  
biggrin.gif

Thing I heard about Spring mountain is once you're in the paddock, there's no leaving until either lunch, red flag, checkered flag or the end of the day. Do you know of any truth to that? I guess the access road crosses the track into the paddock

(Charlesbusa @ May 23 2007,04:21)
(gtrpimp76 @ May 22 2007,12:17) Wow! They look pretty similar. Pahrump's 7 thru 8 looks like Button's Riverside thru Lost hills minus the little kink.

Buttonwillow rocks  
super.gif

The only thing it lacks is a proper straight.  On the Busa 3rd gear was the highest, on the 750 I only touched 4th gear for just a second before braking.  The best corners are the Riverside, Cotton Corners to the Grapevine, and the Sweeper  
biggrin.gif
I just looked at the trackdaz.com website and sport group and street are all sold out. How's the pace with race group? I'm fine with race group with fastrackriders, at least I'm more of a mid-pack pace rider at Fontucky, but the trackdaz guys are pretty fast b/c of WSMC racers. They can get a little intimidating.

(gtrpimp76 @ May 22 2007,12:26)
(Charlesbusa @ May 23 2007,04:21)

Buttonwillow rocks  
super.gif

biggrin.gif
I just looked at the trackdaz.com website and sport group and street are all sold out. How's the pace with race group? I'm fine with race group with fastrackriders, at least I'm more of a mid-pack pace rider at Fontucky, but the trackdaz guys are pretty fast b/c of WSMC racers. They can get a little intimidating.
I know a couple of guys with Trackdaz who say they really belong in Sport group but run in Race because they feel safer.

If you are too slow, the worst they'll due is bump you to Sport
wink.gif
Come on man!! You know you wanna!!!

(gtrpimp76 @ May 22 2007,12:23) Thing I heard about Spring mountain is once you're in the paddock, there's no leaving until either lunch, red flag, checkered flag or the end of the day. Do you know of any truth to that? I guess the access road crosses the track into the paddock
I don't know, but looking at the track layout...that makes sense. I don't think they have a tunnel or a bridge.

Glad you mentioned that, we'll have to plan for that
cool.gif

Back