Bosch Iridium-Platinum Plugs

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I just saw an ad for some Bosch iridium plugs that have 4 prongs extending over the electrode. Haven't we seen this 4 prong configuration before without any added benefit?

I installed Iriidium plugs and love them, better cold start for sure. Cold bike don`t stinks anymore.
I never seen 4 electrodes version tho..

(JuiceSC @ May 16 2007,14:02) Dunno, all I can say is that my 89 gixxer took 2 pronged plugs.
Hey dude, that's my bike! I bet you used a flash for the photo. Every time I do, my Kanji comes out weird looking.

(FAVahalik @ May 16 2007,14:05)
(JuiceSC @ May 16 2007,14:02) Dunno, all I can say is that my 89 gixxer took 2 pronged plugs.
Hey dude, that's my bike!  I bet you used a flash for the photo.  Every time I do, my Kanji comes out weird looking.
Right on the flash, wrong on the bike!
laugh.gif
I'm 100% sure that is MY bike.

I know it's not mine, heard lots of good things about the iridium. Need to give them a try.

New_Image_1__Small_.JPG

I can get a set of 4 for $30 if anyone interested. It`s $11.95 MSRP a piece I believe. NGK Iridiums.

I just bought some of the NGK dual tip plugs... work fine for me... cheaper too...

I use the NGK Iridiums.  Great plugs.  My Honda turbo bikes require an oil change and plugs every 2K miles and they came stock with very expensive NGK Gold Palladiums.  Regular NGK plugs won't last 100 miles in those bikes.  I tried the Iridiums and after 5K miles I didn't even have to regap them, downright amazing.  
bowdown.gif

I put a new set in the Busa last month, they'll probably last 30K+ miles.

The seller logixautoparts sells them for less than $30 bucks on Ebay.

They do absolutely NOTHING for performance! They just last forever.

Multi-tip plugs are snake oil scam BS straight out of an old JC Whitney/Warshawski's catalog.

(Turbo-Torch @ May 16 2007,16:01) I use the NGK Iridiums. Great plugs. My Honda turbo bikes require an oil change and plugs every 2K miles and they came stock with very expensive NGK Gold Palladiums. Regular NGK plugs won't last 100 miles in those bikes. I tried the Iridiums and after 5K miles I didn't even have to regap them, downright amazing.
bowdown.gif

They do absolutely NOTHING for performance! They just last forever.

Multi-tip plugs are snake oil scam BS straight out of an old JC Whitney/Warshawski's catalog.
Hmm. Logixautoparts selling them for $50 delivered. Where did you find $30?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....6871080

I thought it was a noticeable performance deal from talking to folks installing them, but it just extends the wear. I paid $4.00 and tax for the factory set at Advance. Would it be worth it to go Iridium. The install was esy to me and I change my own plugs.
rock.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 16 2007,15:21)
(Turbo-Torch @ May 16 2007,16:01) I use the NGK Iridiums.  Great plugs.  My Honda turbo bikes require an oil change and plugs every 2K miles and they came stock with very expensive NGK Gold Palladiums.  Regular NGK plugs won't last 100 miles in those bikes.  I tried the Iridiums and after 5K miles I didn't even have to regap them, downright amazing.  
bowdown.gif

They do absolutely NOTHING for performance!  They just last forever.

Hmm. Logixautoparts selling them for $50 delivered. Where did you find $30?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....6871080
I don't know what he's thinking...I paid $23.99 plus 4.95 for shipping back in March.

He had 40 sets when I purchased mine from this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....3216595

Looks like he's adding a fortune for his free world wide shipping.
I've noticed a lot of that going on with ebay lately. There's a somewhat local guy that makes nice looking custom furniture. He had a cool looking headboard for $160 buy it now and the shipping would have been $47 if I didn't pick it up in person. Decided to buy it the next day and when I logged on he revised the auction for $370 with free shipping.

(dadofthree @ May 16 2007,15:25) I thought it was a noticeable performance deal from talking to folks installing them, but it just extends the wear. I paid $4.00 and tax for the factory set at Advance. Would it be worth it to go Iridium. The install was esy to me and I change my own plugs.
rock.gif
You might get better cold starts but that's about it. As long as the plug and ignition system is in good shape and sparking like it should to ignite the mixture you won't see any noticeable gain from one spark plug to another.

If a defective stove fills a house with gas you can set it off with a static shock from your finger or by using an M80. The end result will be the same explosion.
smile.gif

Back