todays Rottweiler show

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
You had to be there. One of the handlers got mauled,pretty entertaining. All in all,great dogs,some cool folks too. Here's The House Mouse playin with a pup.

b.JPG

These people have some way cool trailers for their Rotts,this one has air conditioning etc.

a.JPG

Here's the dog that mauled the guy.I had a look at the wounds,pretty nasty stuff. The dog was able to return for the next round,but not the guy. Big bite to his left bicep,forearm,and tip of his thumb gone,lots of stitches for sure. You can see The House Mouse in the background with one of our 3.

d.JPG

LOOKS LIKE SOME OF THESE LADYS SHOULD INVEST IN A PINCH COLLAR...AWFUL BIG DOGS NOT TO HAVE ONE...TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WITH 2 PITS...MY BOY HAS TO HAVE ONE ON WHEN WALKING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD...NOT TO BE USED AS A NEGITIVE THING ONLY A CORRECTION BUT THAT ONE LADY LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS HAVING BIT OF A PROBLEM.

I love rotts. Makes me miss mine.
sad.gif

looks like old boy was having a bad day. Maybe she should have taken him home.

That one that did the mauling certainly needs to go back to school! I love these dogs, but they (like other big dogs) can do a lot of damage!

(BigBSBusa @ May 13 2007,15:35) That one that did the mauling certainly needs to go back to school!  I love these dogs, but they (like other big dogs) can do a lot of damage!
He did do some big damage,but I blame the owner and handler. He was best of show till that incident.He's been heavily trained in guarding,was wound up,and the owner passed him off to an inexperieced handler,then they both panicked (forgeting the abort command) etc etc. They're dogs who want to please,and my guess is he had a little trouble distingishing the show round from the shutzen and attack rounds.

(ROBB @ May 13 2007,14:57) LOOKS LIKE SOME OF THESE LADYS SHOULD INVEST IN A PINCH COLLAR...AWFUL BIG DOGS NOT TO HAVE ONE...TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WITH 2 PITS...MY BOY HAS TO HAVE ONE ON WHEN WALKING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD...NOT TO BE USED AS A NEGITIVE THING ONLY A CORRECTION BUT THAT ONE LADY LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS HAVING BIT OF A PROBLEM.
I have pinch collars(the kind with the 2 inch bent spikes that point in) for all my Rotts for when the Mouse walks the dogs. But,if one of these brutes decides to go after something...its only good training that will stop them.
My Alaskan Malamute/Wolf and my oldest Rott used to pull us steep terain while hiking...bearing down against pinch,choker,leather...didn't matter. Good idea thou. Most had some form of choke on.

I too used to have a Rottie. She was lost after a kidney failure. They are extremely smart dogs.

Now I have a Golden Retriever.

I miss my Rottie more and more.

Back