There Can Be Only One INSTIGATOR * * * *
Donating Member
Registered
Draggin[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
good info...thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

Kool!
In the vid the instructor said to imagine the screen is a door and you're trying to look around it (or something like that). I was taught to try to kiss my mirror. I'm only metioning that for those who want to try more than one way of doing it.

The funny thing is I still haven't made a true commitment on it. One of the YouTubers comment sums up why:
Brilliant vid.
Been riding a CBF500 for 7 months now and this helped me get my knee down for the first time over the weekend (a lot to do with weather being great for traction lately too).
Be warned though. My bliss was cut short by a lowside!! Probably some gravel or diesel/oil on the road. Made me realise too late that the roads aren't the ideal place for practicing this.
Dare I say the damage to the bike was worth it!!!! [/Quote]
I don't plan on lowsiding for ANY reason unless it to save my own arse!

Good vid.

Getting your upper body down and over is the key to proper body position.

Glad you found that. great info. I thought most of your leaning was from getting your A$$ of the seat not the upper body... knowing it is more about the upper body will help. I have been wanting to practice after leaving deal's gap but been stinkin raining non stop.

cool vid!

Yup, it's more than just sliding that butt over. Getting up and over the tank is also important. As is arm positioning (however, Ben Spies' unconventional "motocross style-Elbows out technique" has shown that it can beat 6 time champ Mat Mladin).

Kneedraggin is great. So much fun!

But after you've been @ the track for a while or have started racing, it should no longer be your primary objective as going faster, laptimes, holding the line and body positioning is more important.

Kneedragging is a result of good form, good line selections and just happens naturally. But is does look cool.

You'll be suprised how much a sportbike can lean over. Especially with the new generation street tires and good suspension setup. DOT Races are especially out of this world!!

My faves of me so far:

CP2_3361.jpg

CP2_9983.jpg

CP2_7544.jpg

CP2_7698.jpg

CP2_7699.jpg

CP2_7700.jpg

CP2_7701.jpg

CP2_7323.jpg

CP2_7324.jpg

CP2_7325.jpg

CP2_7326.jpg

(Charlesbusa @ May 05 2007,12:18) Sure gtrpimp76, just make me post a pic of myself  
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

You started it  
poke.gif
SWEET!!

Aside from the concentration of holding your line I see a huge GRIN EAR TO EAR!!
beerchug.gif
super.gif

Lookin' great!! We still have to do a trackday together.

(gtrpimp76 @ May 05 2007,01:24)
(Charlesbusa @ May 05 2007,12:18) Sure gtrpimp76, just make me post a pic of myself
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

You started it
poke.gif
SWEET!!

Aside from the concentration of holding your line I see a huge GRIN EAR TO EAR!!
beerchug.gif
super.gif

Lookin' great!! We still have to do a trackday together.
Definately
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Man....excellent pics Gt and Charles... and excellent topic.

At my first track, I was trying to get knee down (hadn't seen this video or had any learning on the subject) and just couldn't do it. I do think my posture was good and not the issue. More of either my rikity old knee's not wanting to bend out, rather they hug forward on on the tank, or something. I did bead up the tire, scraped foot-peg and the toe area of the boots....being lowered with the Busa on the track may not be the best option
smile.gif

Back