Commuter Bike

POSR

Registered
So here is my dilema. I commute about 80 miles a day. I love commuting on my busa, but want to find a bike to share the daily chore with to keep miles off the "beloved". Does anyone else out there divide up the duty? And if you do with what scoot. I was thinking an SV650 as I've had before and loved it. Thoughts?

I have a cruiser (VTX) that I like for the longer distance rides. It's definitely nice to have two completely different bikes to choose from. That being said, I havent ridden my VTX much since i got the busa.

How about an MvAgusta F 1000 , now that's a commuter  
super.gif

I commuted roundtrip of 110miles 5 days a week for two years. I racked up the miles on my busa (hence the screenname...). Oil changes every other weekend.

I only used a car on the really bad days. Racked up alot of miles on that car too.

As far as using a second bike I think it depends on the type of commute you have. It's it's alot of stop and go vs long highway vs back roads... a 6 prob wouldn't be to great for long highway but would be nice on back roads... stop n go traffic, I hate to say it, but a nice big ol' honda scooter wouldn't be a bad pick. just my .02

I commute by foot. I hop out of bed, walk to the shower, and then to my home office.

All other trips are made on the Busa.

(justtight @ May 03 2007,23:27) Yeah I switch from my busa to my wife's busa
jump9.gif
Ha - Haaa!
I tried that with the wifes gsxr 600 - she wanted my busa! Whoah...........

DSC00704.JPG

I drive 100 miles a day for the past 3 years. I use my 2001 PT Cruizer w/ 136,476 miles  my 2000 Busa w/ 11,356 miles and my 2002 Honda Shadow ACE w/ 11,582miles.

MY_BIKE_002__Small_.jpg

I bought a Burgman 400 for commuting. Good gas mileage, comfortable, has a trunk, so you don't need a tank bag, (it holds a 24-pack with ease
cool.gif
)and low tire wear. (I have 7.5K on my stock rear, expecting to put on another 3-4K before replacing it).

Not as powerful as the SV by a long shot, but certainly more long haul friendly.

(mrscottchurch @ May 03 2007,17:42) So here is my dilema. I commute about 80 miles a day. I love commuting on my busa, but want to find a bike to share the daily chore with to keep miles off the "beloved". Does anyone else out there divide up the duty? And if you do with what scoot. I was thinking an SV650 as I've had before and loved it. Thoughts?
Ya need to get one of these link  
super.gif

(Revvv @ May 04 2007,09:04) I commute by foot. I hop out of bed, walk to the shower, and then to my home office.

All other trips are made on the Busa.
Some of us have it so lucky ..  
firedevil.gif

Revv you dont go to work but still are in the road more then me it seems ....

ummmm..... Why not just buy another Busa. Drive one to work and use the other for fun. Meke one a true sport tourer and the other a sport bike. best of both worlds. Just wait for 2008 and get a new one for sport and use the old one for work.
smile.gif
Problem solved.

Back