Who can help out ol' Rubber...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
hee hee hee....

I've decided to bite the bullit and send my wheels and swingarm off for chroming .

Problem: I just cant seem to bring myself to trust one of the Ebay companies etc .

Is there a kindhearted brother or sister fairly near by that would take these in for me . What I mean is, I'd like to ship my wheels to a trustworthy person who could take them to their bud a their local chroming shop , and then ship 'em back to me . Sort of a serogate mother to my wheels .
The owner of the chroming shop near me is kind of a creep.
Last time I was in he let it slip out that..."I'm the only game in town,thats why I can charge whatever I want , so take it or leave it ."
I decided to leave it . What a shiddy attitude . I came real close to ....well nevermind .

Anybody? Any suggestions? Rubber would be very greatfull , and reward the honest person with....

a return favour or $ or parts or new leather...something .

I'm not a cheap bazterd....I just thought 1,500.oo to chrome 2 wheels was way excessive . Almost eye-blackening, lip-splittingly excessive , if you know what I mean.

thx dudes....hav a good 1....RSD

Not sure but PM Radical Race Works. Talk with Haik trough e-mail. i know they do powder coating but not sure about the chrome. If he does not do it he may know of some companes who can do it. Biggest Problem his having them done with out screwing up the Hub. 70% of what I have seen have screwed the hub up. Most people do not even notice the difference. I had thought about Crowing but for the differece you are better off with mag wheels. i am saving my $'s to do that. Any way it is worth talking to Haik (pronouce like mike with an H)

hee hee hee....

I've decided to bite the bullit
Now how does BT feel about that?
rock.gif

Rubbah, there is a place in Philadelphia PA.that does excellent chrome work. I'm not exactly sure where you are but I could help you out. I believe they charge $600-$700 for wheel exchange. I'll try to get a link up ASAP.

Not sure but PM Radical Race Works.  Talk with Haik trough e-mail.  i know they do powder coating but not sure about the chrome. If he does not do it he may know of some companes who can do it.  Biggest Problem his having them done with out screwing up the Hub.  70% of what I have seen have screwed the hub up.  Most people do not even notice the difference.  I had thought about Crowing but for the differece you are better off with mag wheels.  i am saving my $'s to do that.  Any way it is worth talking to Haik (pronouce like mike with an H)
thx Ninja...I had no idea these wheels were going to turn into such a chore .
Ever since my local chrome shop changed hands , things just haven't been the same.

Who can ya trust?
Who wont fug 'em up?
Who wont try an' empty yer bank account?

Maybe I'll just close my eyes an' pick one outa the phone book .
I'll just ask them when I phone....."DOES THAT PRICE INCLUDE FREE VASOLINE"....
hee hee hee

thx Ninj.....Hav a good 1 bro....Rubbah.

Not sure but PM Radical Race Works.  Talk with Haik trough e-mail.  i know they do powder coating but not sure about the chrome. If he does not do it he may know of some companes who can do it.  Biggest Problem his having them done with out screwing up the Hub.  70% of what I have seen have screwed the hub up.  Most people do not even notice the difference.  I had thought about Crowing but for the differece you are better off with mag wheels.  i am saving my $'s to do that.  Any way it is worth talking to Haik (pronouce like mike with an H)
  Ever since my local chrome shop changed hands , things just haven't been the same.

Who can ya trust?
   Who wont fug 'em up?

hee hee hee

Don't let them use Vasoline make sure they use Mobil 1
biggrin.gif

Who can ya trust?
   Who wont fug 'em up?

hee hee hee

Don't let them use Vasoline make sure they use Mobil 1  
biggrin.gif
how could I exspectorant anything thing else....you green lovin son-of-a-gun .

I love Mobile...I was there once....Its very close to where BT lives .

I love the gr8 state of Alabama...

hee hee hee....

i know it'll all make sense to you Mike.....you smard bastid

Rubb, can't you just shipem' out direct? just an idea.
ya , I can . Its just that we know a fella who did that and never got them back...ever . Its rare but....

Plus I was hoping somebody had a friend with a chrome shop , maybe cut me a deal that wouldn't leave me in tears, that and the poor-house .

Thx man.....da Rubbah.

Im hearin' ya. Unfortunatly the only places I know off are far away from you .

Listen man , I tried tellin everyone about the place that I got all of my stuff done but I think no one really listened, they will do them for about $400 + shipping and their turn around is only like 2 weeks ,talk to Daniel and tell him the puertorican guy from Oklahoma sent you , heres their info again ,
(972)286-2322
Pulido Plating
5404 Dubby Ln.
Balch Springs,TX 75180

<!--EDIT|nyrican
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077419606 -->

Those guys did my ....
frame
swingarm
wheels
triple tree cover
all pegs and heel guards