Wife Up (Re Spike's "Wife Down")

Donac

Registered
They say that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Well, this didn't kill me it just pissed me off.

All was going so well.  I could feel my husband (Spike) watching with approval as I rode.  It felt so good.  Then I had to go and bite that curb.  It was anger at myself more than any bravado that got me back on my bike.  I am anxious to get mended and get riding again with my dear patient loving husband.

As for all of you, I laughed and cried reading all the well wishes and positive thoughts.  Thank you for your concern and support.  
super.gif

Donac  (the "c" does NOT stand for "crash")  

My hubby said the rules
bowdown.gif
  say I must post a picture of my bike (blush, its not a Hayabusa).   This is its good side (grin).

ninja2.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the board

Sorry to hear about your crash...glad that you're still interested in riding
super.gif

(Donac @ Apr. 29 2007,08:28) They say that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Well, this didn't kill me it just pissed me off.

All was going so well.  I could feel my husband (Spike) watching with approval as I rode.  It felt so good.  Then I had to go and bite that curb.  It was anger at myself more than any bravado that got me back on my bike.  I am anxious to get mended and get riding again with my dear patient loving husband.

As for all of you, I laughed and cried reading all the well wishes and positive thoughts.  Thank you for your concern and support.  
super.gif

Donac  (the "c" does NOT stand for "crash")  

My hubby said the rules
bowdown.gif
  say I must post a picture of my bike (blush, its not a Hayabusa).   This is its good side (grin).

ninja2.jpg
"good sides" don't count on crashola's...we wanna see "The Damaged Side" pix!
laugh.gif

Glad ya survived yourself...didja mentally review and pinpoint whatcha done wrong so ya don't do it again?

and kudos fer gett'in right back on the horse that threw ya!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Yes, I have gone over it a million times. I believe this is what went wrong. I came into the turn too fast (or too fast I felt for my experience level), I started to put on the front break, but I had already begun the turn so pulled my hand back from the break and as I did gunned the gas. I believe I still could have made it through the turn had I had my sense about me and looked to where I needed to go, but I freaked and all I could see was the curb.

Dona

"target fixation" happens to all of us from time to time
always look where you want to go (ex: through the turn)

to the .oRg! All I have to say is you must have a fabulous husband for encouraging you to ride and to watch over you while you do. SHAME on him for letting this happen to you though! (Oh wait that's me!)

Hey Jinkster, you were looking for damaged pix? The photo really hides the damage really well!

Here ya go!

ninja3.jpg

The list of damage
~~~~~~~~~~~
Right and left mirrors scraped up
Left grip munched up around the choke
Windshield gouged up
Upper right fairing, cracked, scratched and missing chunks
Lower right fairing scratched and missing small pieces
Rear fairing scratched and scraped
Right exhaust can scraped up
Front fender scraped almost all the way through
Oil filler cap popped out and threads slightly stripped

I have to say they made her bike really well. The right front turn signal was popped out but it was designed with a flexible rubber base that allows it to pop out of the socket without breaking. I reseated it right at the accident scene. All damage seems to be cosmetic so far.

as far as i'm concerned, you are starting out right on that bike... it could have been worse and i'm glad it wasnt. The bike can be repaired/replace... you can not. I applaud you for getting up, dusting yourself off and riding off! I've known people to give it up after going down.

WAY TO GO Donac got back on the horse and rode that is all that counts. Also we understand it is not a Busa but it will do for now while you hon your skills that way you can get a Busa later.

Many here have crashed. (Including me) So don't feel bad. Just heal up and learn from your mistake.

Glad to hear that you are doing OK and that you stuck thru it and got back on to ride home!

Oh -
aboard!

Thanks for posting up!  Target fixation is a common occurence as stated before.  You can use the target fixation to your benefit though.  It takes some practice.  Everybody target fixates...............everybody.  You must teach yourself to target fixate on the right things.  i.e.  Target fixating on the holes in traffic or the gap between cars instead of the license plate or the taillight in front of you.  Target fixating on the apex of the corner rather than the yellow line or the hazard in the road.  You can use the fixation to your benefit by at least putting yourself in a position to fixate out of an accident by practicing. "Zoning out" or "spacing" for just a second is sometimes all it takes to get yourself in trouble.  
Good to hear you still want to ride!

Almost anyone who rides a motorcycle will take a spill on it. Just use the experience to improve your riding skills and keep at it. Glad you were not hurt bad!

newbie.gif
to the board, this is for Spike because we know it was his fault
zzwhip.gif

Glad you're alright.
super.gif

(Spike @ Apr. 29 2007,13:04)
to the .oRg!  All I have to say is you must have a fabulous husband for encouraging you to ride and to watch over you while you do.  SHAME on him for letting this happen to you though!  (Oh wait that's me!)

Hey Jinkster, you were looking for damaged pix?  The photo really hides the damage really well!

Here ya go!

ninja3.jpg

The list of damage
~~~~~~~~~~~
Right and left mirrors scraped up
Left grip munched up around the choke
Windshield gouged up
Upper right fairing, cracked, scratched and missing chunks
Lower right fairing scratched and missing small pieces
Rear fairing scratched and scraped
Right exhaust can scraped up
Front fender scraped almost all the way through
Oil filler cap popped out and threads slightly stripped

I have to say they made her bike really well.  The right front turn signal was popped out but it was designed with a flexible rubber base that allows it to pop out of the socket without breaking.  I reseated it right at the accident scene.  All damage seems to be cosmetic so far.
Uhhhh....wait a minute....where's the damage ?, ........I came to see damage............"EXCUSE ME" Miss Dona  
rock.gif
, but that's "all" the damage
rock.gif
?.......

HECK, from the sounds of the original post, I thought you'd trashed your Kawi........I thought there'd be blood and guts and "C-A-R-N-A-G-E".....that's it huh ??............Boy if that don't beat all.....I came to see damage, and that;s all that's wrong with your moto ?..........."WELL NUTS"...........

Glad you're okay though, and have learned a thing or two....
wink.gif

rock.gif

(dadofthree @ Apr. 30 2007,15:21)
newbie.gif
to the board, this is for Spike because we know it was his fault
zzwhip.gif

Glad you're alright.
super.gif
*ouch*

Hey! Cut that *snap*

*ouch*

OUT!

Hang in there -

My Wife dropped her Katana in a crowded restaurant parking lot in front of everyone when she 1st started riding. She was pissed & that drove her to stay with it.

She now rides a 600 RR & even does track days.
wow.gif

Keep up the good work.
beerchug.gif

Back