Transportation to Bash

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
As many know my local riding brother JohnStein won't be able to join ua at bash this year due to "having" to go to California for a week long training school for work.  
sad.gif
 You'll be missed John, heck I may not even get lost this year!  
poke.gif

So 2Quik,Busababby and I are making the trek south in the van with 2 bikes. First problem was how to get a third seat in van, and still have room for bikes.
Many hours of planning, drawing, cutting, welding, drilling, bolting, cussing, sweating, and bleeding went into the fabrication of a custom seat mount with seatbelts(because I know Md. State Patrol will want to see them...). We felt confident Busababby(Mrs. 2Quik for those who don't know) would be comfie and safe for the ride down.
Everything was done. Seat was mounted between other two, looked good, and was sturdy and safe.

MVC_004S.JPG

Then it happened....
wow.gif
My buddy Jim, the van owner says, "you know, the only problem is that you won't be able to put the cooler there..."
sad.gif

Well, that was unacceptable so we made some changes.

MVC_001S.JPG

Now Mark and I can cruise in comfort never being more than an arms reach from a cool beverage on the 1000 mile trek...
AND, Linda even has a seatbelt!

MVC_002S.JPG

Now THAT's custom!
beerchug.gif

I have a feeling it's going to be a long ride for Hank!!!!
argue.gif

Where can I get me one of those - I like all the bumper protection too!

the seat on the front for cooler space in the cab is GENIUS!!!!!!!
super.gif
all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

hell, that thing serves two purposes actually........ third seat and deer horn......
all_coholic.gif

We also had the office chair to trailer hitch idea, but didn't think it was as safe. We'd never know if she fell off.  This way we should at least feel a *bump*
smile.gif

and I was actually looking for a cup holder too.
beerchug.gif

(LadyHawk @ Apr. 20 2007,14:26) Nice!! She'll have a great view of the whole trip!  
beerchug.gif
That's right. And I was thinking, she is used to always being behind Mark on bike so this will be new for her!

**note to self don't fall asleep in presence of Linda**
laugh.gif

Ahhh, now that's much better...

I've got mad skills, no need to go on about it people...

all_coholic.gif

seat.jpg

i likey
laugh.gif
all she needs now is footpegs and handlebars
race.gif

I know...enthralling my paintbrush skills are...

I amaze myself at times...sure, anyone can strap an everyday nasty, rusty, ill-colored chair to the old van, but not many can top the "add a cup holder to that piece of crap and keep a straight face" now can they?
all_coholic.gif

(VaBusa @ Apr. 20 2007,18:42) Ahhh, now that's much better...

I've got mad skills, no need to go on about it people...

all_coholic.gif
Sitting there will require a full face helmet and a straw to drink the beer. Probably wouldn't hurt to have 200-300 in bail money too.

laugh.gif

P.

laugh.gif
That's too funny Hank! After Charlie went and did all that nice custom work even! I'm sure Linda's gonne love the bugs eye view she'll have from there!
firedevil.gif

(GJoker @ Apr. 20 2007,15:00)
laugh.gif
That's too funny Hank! After Charlie went and did all that nice custom work even! I'm sure Linda's gonne love the bugs eye view she'll have from there!  
firedevil.gif
Bugs, yes. Must remember to make sure she has windex and papertowels.... so she can keep windshield clean!

Good point Postal. She will need change for tolls. I mean I'm not going to roll down the window and lean out... that's dangerous!  
wink.gif

Nice Va.  
bowdown.gif
you are quite the artist...

Back