Undertail Kit Recommendation

Ask and you shall recieve! Its an older picture but it works... I've had it on for like a year now and nobody has said anything about not being able to see my running lights or brake lights... they also have different bulbs with more leds than the ones that are in my bike now...

mototeckundertailback.jpg

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 06 2007,13:20) Ask and you shall recieve!  Its an older picture but it works...  I've had it on for like a year now and nobody has said anything about not being able to see my running lights or brake lights... they also have different bulbs with more leds than the ones that are in my bike now...

Thanks Sloto200! That picture really helped. She definitely looks GREAT!. How did the installation go? Any problems, anything I should do at the same time, anything you can add would be appreciated. I think I'm going to go with the Mototeck. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Thanks!!!

I went with A-tech from Charles at Street & Track (board sponsor) It uses the stock tail light with a trailer light adaptor or like I did with a CA intergrated led and clear lens!

DSC00022.JPG

got a link for that a-tech undertail, or is that a special order deal? (couldn't find it on street and track's website).

Well there's a new one on e-bay with 2 round tail lights for around $100.00 looks like a good dealcomes with lights etc.Does any body know if these undertails are any good?
Thanks gang
bowdown.gif

Booosa,

the artfibras undertails are of very good craftmanship. There is the occassional complaint on ebay of colours not matching, but the 2 undertails that I got from them were spot on.

The Undertails do not have predrilled holes, but it is not a hard job to tape it to your frame, fit your tail cowling over it and mark the necessary holes to drill. The artfibras undertail replaces your factory undertail, so there is no cutting involved of that piece. The only thing you need to cut is the reflector portion off the factory tail light lens. Again and easy job.

Thanks Baditking,
Iready to order mine soon,I take it you sold your old one? did you use a tire hugger?I've seen a few on e-bay but I thought I'd ask if theres one you suggest.

Thanks again BOOOSA
beerchug.gif

(BusaRealtor @ Apr. 06 2007,15:48)
(Sloto200 @ Apr. 06 2007,13:20) Ask and you shall recieve!  Its an older picture but it works...  I've had it on for like a year now and nobody has said anything about not being able to see my running lights or brake lights... they also have different bulbs with more leds than the ones that are in my bike now...

Thanks Sloto200! That picture really helped. She definitely looks GREAT!. How did the installation go? Any problems, anything I should do at the same time, anything you can add would be appreciated. I think I'm going to go with the Mototeck. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Thanks!!!
Thanks for the compliments... no problems with install. Some people had some minor issues with the holes lining up with the tail. I had one myself but used a drill bit to round out the hole a little bigger and it was good to go after that. I went one step further and instead of splicing the wires together i cut the stock connectors off the blinkers and tail light and soildered them to the wires on the mototeck undertail. That way if i ever have to removed the tail section i dont have to cut wires... just disconnect the stock connectors.

(BOOOSA @ Apr. 20 2007,20:21) Thanks Baditking,
Iready to order mine soon,I take it you sold your old one? did you use a tire hugger?I've seen a few on e-bay but I thought I'd ask if theres one you suggest.

Thanks again BOOOSA
beerchug.gif
I got a hugger from NWS...best huggers on the market.

Mine is carbon fiber, but carbon fiber look fiberglass is available, as well as other colours.

there's an install walk through thread on the board by icemann i believe

just do a seach for it.

Again thanks BK,

I've ordered my undertail this evening for Brazil,now for a good intergrated tail light/turn signal combo.I'll look for Icemans tire hugger walk through.I'd like to find a carbon look hugger.
cool.gif

BK,
One last question,with your undertail what tail light configuation did you go with? clear lens ,smoke,crystal ?

I'd like to go led 1st, then smoke cystal lens or plain does it make a differance? and do they come with resistors of flashers?
Last do you have a good sourse,I'll check our board sponsers first of course
muscle.gif

Back