Filters and location

Jibit

Never Forgotten
Was wondering about what filters most use (I'm assuming K&N) and where they mount them (most I've seen are on the side). The reason I ask is because I like to ride and sometimes I get caught in rain. On cars I've had the experience of any amount of moisture to clog the K&N filter because of it being oil based. Last thing I want is to be riding and have it rain and me get stuck because of it. Or is there something that I can use to cover part of it without affecting air flow?

I use the BMC street filter... but dont have a turbo.
crazy.gif

LOL yeah sorry... After I posted I realized this was in the "Turbo" section. Although I went with a BMC over a K&N after reading that most people like BMC's...

I use a K&N filter and I ride in the rain all the time without any problems. I don't know that it makes a difference but my filter doesn't stick out of the plastics.
DSC03816.jpg

I run a K&N,never had any issues with water,but I dont make a habit of riding in heavy rain.

Resized_7.jpg

(Jibit @ Apr. 10 2007,04:03) Was wondering about what filters most use (I'm assuming K&N) and where they mount them (most I've seen are on the side).  The reason I ask is because I like to ride and sometimes I get caught in rain.  On cars I've had the experience of any amount of moisture to clog the K&N filter because of it being oil based.  Last thing I want is to be riding and have it rain and me get stuck because of it.  Or is there something that I can use to cover part of it without affecting air flow?
My filter fits under the fairing and I have not had an issue with dirt or water yet...

(kawiboy11 @ Apr. 17 2007,15:34)
(Jibit @ Apr. 17 2007,12:50)
(kawiboy11 @ Apr. 16 2007,20:40) I am yet to get a filter, but my bike does not run either!
beerchug.gif
yeah, that's the problem I'm having!
Hey, PM me, what system do you have?

Cody  
muscle.gif
sent you an email..........

Well, I think I'm going to buy another filter that has more of an oval shape to fit it in the plastics better (right now the K&N is too bulky and I can't connect the bottom of the plastics together properly). I'm still not sure about the placement though. I'd think that it would be sucking in hot air being behind th plastic (and all the road debris that is thrown up from the front tire).

(Jibit @ Apr. 17 2007,22:54)
(kawiboy11 @ Apr. 17 2007,15:34)
(Jibit @ Apr. 17 2007,12:50)
(kawiboy11 @ Apr. 16 2007,20:40) I am yet to get a filter, but my bike does not run either!
beerchug.gif
yeah, that's the problem I'm having!
Hey, PM me, what system do you have?

Cody  
muscle.gif
sent you an email..........

Well, I think I'm going to buy another filter that has more of an oval shape to fit it in the plastics better (right now the K&N is too bulky and I can't connect the bottom of the plastics together properly).  I'm still not sure about the placement though.  I'd think that it would be sucking in hot air being behind th plastic (and all the road debris that is thrown up from the front tire).
You have to cut the plastics where it touches the filter on the filter that fits under the plastics. I have not seen a filter yet that will fit under hte fairing with no cuts.

Hey guys I have a velocity stage 1 and I use a K&N #2780 fits OK have to mash it a little but the plastic's fit back on with out cutting

Back