Rear Wheel Cotter Pin

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
I dont use a cotter pin anymore... these are easier to use and no cutting involved... you can pick them up at any hardware store... i got this one at harbor freight... and yes my tire is flat... picked up a 1/4 inch piece of razor blade in it this last weekend.... there goes my qualifier...
mad.gif

IMG_0505.jpg

I use the same clip also but I have mine safety wired to the axle adjuster bolt so I don't lose it.
beerchug.gif

(bigoltool @ Apr. 05 2007,16:50) I use the same clip also but I have mine safety wired to the axle adjuster bolt so I don't lose it.  
beerchug.gif
i keep forgetting to do that myself... i need to buy some safety wire and safety wire pliars too...

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 05 2007,15:40) I dont use a cotter pin anymore... these are easier to use and no cutting involved... you can pick them up at any hardware store... i got this one at harbor freight... and yes my tire is flat... picked up a 1/4 inch piece of razor blade in it this last weekend.... there goes my qualifier...
mad.gif

IMG_0505.jpg
Why did you installed it on the left side of the bike?

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 05 2007,16:56)
(Sloto200 @ Apr. 05 2007,15:40) I dont use a cotter pin anymore... these are easier to use and no cutting involved... you can pick them up at any hardware store... i got this one at harbor freight...  and yes my tire is flat... picked up a 1/4 inch piece of razor blade in it this last weekend.... there goes my qualifier...  
mad.gif

IMG_0505.jpg
It used to be on the right side... since i went to a single side exhaust it just makes it easier to rotate a breaker bar or ratchet or what ever without having to worry about hitting my exhaust can... i noticed that after i did it that all busas rear axle nuts are on the right side but almost every other bike you see out there its on the left side...

(bigoltool @ Apr. 05 2007,14:50) I use the same clip also but I have mine safety wired to the axle adjuster bolt so I don't lose it.  
beerchug.gif
Or have some JERK come pull it out and walk off with it, while your eating at a Restaruant  
mad.gif

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 05 2007,16:04)
Why did you installed it on the left side of the bike?[/quote]
It used to be on the right side... since i went to a single side exhaust it just makes it easier to rotate a breaker bar or ratchet or what ever without having to worry about hitting my exhaust can... i noticed that after i did it that all busas rear axle nuts are on the right side but almost every other bike you see out there its on the left side...[/Quote]
That makes sense. I actually switched from left to right on my TLR. much easier to adjust the chain.

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 05 2007,15:04)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 05 2007,16:56)
(Sloto200 @ Apr. 05 2007,15:40) I dont use a cotter pin anymore... these are easier to use and no cutting involved... you can pick them up at any hardware store... i got this one at harbor freight...  and yes my tire is flat... picked up a 1/4 inch piece of razor blade in it this last weekend.... there goes my qualifier...  
mad.gif

IMG_0505.jpg
It used to be on the right side... since i went to a single side exhaust it just makes it easier to rotate a breaker bar or ratchet or what ever without having to worry about hitting my exhaust can... i noticed that after i did it that all busas rear axle nuts are on the right side but almost every other bike you see out there its on the left side...
Mines are same way...
rock.gif

I use the same. No safety wire and no problem loosing it in 28,000 miles.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 05 2007,17:56)
mad.gif
my yoshi 4-2-1 install manual said to reverse sides to prevent "burns" if you had to work on the rear axel while having a HOT exhaust

Back