This Might Be Very NEWBIE Of Me But....

I am a
newbie.gif
when it comes to this question. I was wondering what the point of having the wheel and tire stands for our bikes? What are their functions? Please don't burn me, I just want to know.
beerchug.gif
newbie.gif

newbie.gif

the front and rear stand are used for several purposes. they can be used to store the bike up off the ground so u wont get a flat spot in your tire from sitting for a long period of time. they are also used when working on the bike. they allow the bike to sit upright and get it off the groung for a more stable way to do the work. think about it, how easy would it be to change a tire on a 500 pound bike when it is still on the ground??

the stands are in my opinion a must have if u plan on doing all your own work and are great for when it comes time to store your scoot. i know we have redline stands as a board sponser so u may want to contact him and get ya a set. they are well worth the money since they save u so much time and headaches. hope this helped!!!
beerchug.gif

remember, the only dumb questions are the ones that arent asked. but do expect some lightweight (harmless) flaming...... thats just how we roll........
firedevil.gif

thanks guys. The reason I ask is that i see alot of people that post pics of their bikes with them on the stands (not being maintenanced). Thanks all!
beerchug.gif

the reasoning behind that is the bike up on a rear stand is alot more stable than on the kickstand. just another way to avoid having your scoot fall over....
SHOCKED.gif

If money isnt a problem i'd get a Cycle Cat rear stand! Thats the one i want!!

Well let's see....I use my front & rear stands for chain maintenance and adjustment, washing the bike, taking the fairings or tail section off, working on brakes, cleaning the wheel, checking air pressures, it looks cool on the stands, blah, blah, blah...........

Having the bike on the stand makes cleaning the wheels sooooo much easier. And adding lube to the chain is a snap when on a stand! Minumum of a rear stand is what you should invest in!

Big Ed & KOK-LOL, don't flame here as I swear I have lubed my chain!!!

Your first two purchases after the bike should be......

1. Stands
2. Throttlemeister

(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,08:05) thanks guys.  The reason I ask is that i see alot of people that post pics of their bikes with them on the stands (not being maintenanced).  Thanks all!
beerchug.gif
If your going to do maintence on your bike they are a must...they also make it easier to clean the
wheels, the bike is more upright and stable for storage, it takes up less space while on the stands.

Throttlemeister?

Okay I just came to the realiazation I am a true newb at this stuff. Please explain.

Thank God I found you guys, I would of been up the creek with out a paddle (Bike Stands & Throttlemeister) LOL

(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,08:40) Throttlemeister?

Okay I just came to the realiazation I am a true newb at this stuff.  Please explain.  

Thank God I found you guys, I would of been up the creek with out a paddle (Bike Stands & Throttlemeister) LOL
Throttlemeister replaces your stock bar ends on your handle bars...it's like cruise control for a bike.

Kinda nice if you do long trips
wink.gif

Makes working on a turbo a lot easier. Not that I have one, I am just saying.

If you start working on the bike? well, everyone does, cuz stealership charges too much for even maintenance...oil changes and etc.
plus it is very useful tool I would say....when you clean the bike, you need one...when you work on the bike, you need one...every time you doing something...you need one...
bowdown.gif

Back