New bike.....

Chun

Registered
I picked up an 06 hold over on Saturday the 10th and ordered my Velocity kit Monday the 12th.  I got the full exhaust, BOV, water injection, and boost controller.  Velocity will be installing the kit for me.  I want to keep the bike looking as stock as possible, so I dont want to extend it if I dont have to.  I am just going to use a strap and set of bones.  Here are a couple of questions I have.

I plan on going to the track every Sunday and was wondering how hard it will be to keep the front down.

Does the front want to come up on the highway at stock wheelbase?

Should I break the bike in with 87 or 93 Octane?  

Not turbo related- Is the owners manual version of break-in the best way to go?

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Edit: Just found out that full exhaust is a huge power killer. No more full exhaust.

its not a huge killer.... maybe 15hp.

its a chore to keep the front down. Don't think you can get WOT if you really launch outta the hole.
super.gif

I run mine 2" lower in the rear and strapped front and I have to baby it outta the hole out to the 60' and then I roll her WOT and she usually starts coming up.
super.gif

super.gif

(fstbusa @ Mar. 21 2007,16:56) its not a huge killer.... maybe 15hp.
I guess 15 horse isnt HUGE but if I'm spending almost $6000 I want every single horsey I can get. Thanks for the reply though.

I am going to try to get the bike broken in on Saturday so I can take it to the track on Sunday. I want to try to get in a few runs before I get the turbo put on. I was told it will be six weeks before I can take it down to get it installed......I cant wait.

Welcome to the board and congrats on the new bike, Now post pics its the rules
beerchug.gif

I just tried to do an intro. Let me know if I did it in the wrong spot. Here is a pic of last years 05. I live in DE and am in ND visiting family(just had a baby). I will try to get a pic of the new bike(haven't even ridden it yet) up by Sunday.

busa.jpg

good luck, all i know is stock suspension, wheelbase and turbo = wheelie in every gear. (except maybe sixth, haven't been able to go that fast yet, but 5th is guaranteed at some point wheel comes right off the ground.)
super.gif

Wonder if that '07 Gixxer 1000 would want to wheelie with a turbo kit, power commander, and aftermarket exhaust?... do you think?

firedevil.gif

(Chun @ Mar. 21 2007,02:36) I picked up an 06 hold over on Saturday the 10th and ordered my Velocity kit Monday the 12th.  I got the full exhaust, BOV, water injection, and boost controller.  Velocity will be installing the kit for me.  I want to keep the bike looking as stock as possible, so I dont want to extend it if I dont have to.  I am just going to use a strap and set of bones.  Here are a couple of questions I have.

I plan on going to the track every Sunday and was wondering how hard it will be to keep the front down.

Edit:  Just found out that full exhaust is a huge power killer.  No more full exhaust.
stock wheel base, she should wheelie easily... If you extend the swingarm out too far, it will kill the handling. I have mine 6.5" over now and am going to shrink that to 3" to try to gain some handling back.

The full exhaust does not kill that much HP... I know everyone wants as much HP as they can get, but its not going to make tha much of a difference in performance going from 280 HP to 295.

(Cloud9 @ Apr. 12 2007,10:38)
(Chun @ Mar. 21 2007,02:36) I picked up an 06 hold over on Saturday the 10th and ordered my Velocity kit Monday the 12th.  I got the full exhaust, BOV, water injection, and boost controller.  Velocity will be installing the kit for me.  I want to keep the bike looking as stock as possible, so I dont want to extend it if I dont have to.  I am just going to use a strap and set of bones.  Here are a couple of questions I have.

Edit:  Just found out that full exhaust is a huge power killer.  No more full exhaust.
stock wheel base, she should wheelie easily... If you extend the swingarm out too far, it will kill the handling. I have mine 6.5" over now and am going to shrink that to 3" to try to gain some handling back.

The full exhaust does not kill that much HP... I know everyone wants as much HP as they can get, but its not going to make tha much of a difference in performance going from 280 HP to 295.
I want to keep it looking stock. So I dont want to extend this one at all. I know 15 hp isnt too bad. But if Im spending over $5000, I want every single hp possible. I dont think the kit makes 290 anyway. I was told only 260, tops.

When you get it installed,hit me up,I have a killer map good to about 14-15 lbs.

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF%252F1%252F393%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F/1/393&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />

Kit should ship out this week. I should have it by Wed, the 9th. Unless it gets pushed back again....I will find out Monday.

Back