The Coach has Gone GREEN

Congrats on the new ride. And as BigBS said... "NO hatin' here..." I love the black also. I tell you what though. If Zuki doesn't step it up next year, then the money I'm saving for the '08 will go on a black ZX14 to be a stablemate to my '02 Busa...
beerchug.gif

(ridercoach @ Mar. 08 2007,10:26) first pic
beautiful bike but didn't they give you a passenger seat cover? From what i've heard those are not a extra but comes with the bike. Best yell at the dealership.
AAAssjani.gif

Are those the stock rims? They look rather light for stockers.

(06BUSA @ Mar. 09 2007,00:21) Are those the stock rims? They look rather light for stockers.
No those are stockers. Come in grey this year instead of doo doo brown for the blue and black zx-14. The Flamer edition gets red wheels.

Think on one of the 14 boards someone weighed them. They're pretty heavy at 38ibs.
wow.gif

Congrats. They are a nice bike I road one a couple times. For my taste I will keep my busa. Besides the wife would killl me if I told her I want another bike.

congrats on your new ride. Great write-up. sometimes it helps to swap up. You never know what you might be missing. Enjoy and keep the safety tips coming
beerchug.gif

Reply to some of the posts and a quick update after riding it all night after work and this morning.

COLDSTONE1298 I do have the seat cowl now, when I picked it up yesterday for lunch they had misplaced it, so I had to go back after work because they had to go steal one from a crated bike from the warehouse, Its on now and looks GOOD.

06BUSA as ColdStone said, they are stock and I have no idea about the exact weight.

Like I said I had to go back to the dealer to get the cowl, and I saw that darn limited edition 14 again, I darn pee myself laughing every time I see it.

Some of you probably like it and more power to you, but it cracks me up. Ill post a pic of it.

Ok, as of today, I still LOVE the bike. One complaint though.

Prior to this I had a 2001 Busa and then a 2000 Busa (no limiter or throttle retard). So I was used to all that power up front and at your service.

Now on the 14, trust me when I say this, IT HAS SOME WHIPLASH POWER, but it doesn’t kick in until you hit higher RPMs. The throttle retard prevents it, and in all honesty it pisses me off. I have already done some research and figured out how to change it. I can see why they do it to the Busa and the 14, to prevent green riders from meeting gravel.

But if feels like to me it’s excessive, then again I’m coming off a 2000 busa.

Now, the debate maker, just kidding, is handling. After riding the 14 last night and jumping on my buddies busa right after, I'm convinced the 14 handles better, it feels right at home in the corners.

If anyone else has ridden the 14 and had a positive or negative reaction to the cornering I would like to hear it.

I can’t wait for the next meet up.

Ride Safe and more importantly Ride FUN

Dave (Coach)

Here is the Limited 07 as promised…

203_ZX1400A7F_40119_A_scale.jpg

(ridercoach @ Mar. 09 2007,06:21) COLDSTONE1298 I do have the seat cowl now, when I picked it up yesterday for lunch they had misplaced it, so I had to go back after work because they had to go steal one from a crated bike from the warehouse, Its on now and looks GOOD.

06BUSA as ColdStone said, they are stock and I have no idea about the exact weight.
Cool. Glad they hooked you up right. As for the wheels, heres what somebody at bikelands 14 section found. Makes ya wonder how bad ass the 14 could be with better rotors and wheels.
cool.gif

14 has heavy wheels

Was Checking out mounting a ZX14 wheel on the rear of my bike. Man are they heavy. 38lbs 10oz. The rotor alone weighs almost 3 lbs. For compairason a ZX10 wheel weighs 33lbs 6oz and my ZX9 wheel with aluminum sprocket weighs 34lbs 5oz. [/Quote]

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=29713

Sounds like your aware of pulling the restrictive flies out of the 14. It's a long argument but i think you could compliment it furthur by getting a custom map after pulling them. Even with stock pipes and filter still on owners say it's a welcomed difference.
beerchug.gif

(ridercoach @ Mar. 09 2007,06:21) Reply to some of the posts and a quick update after riding it all night after work and this morning.

COLDSTONE1298 I do have the seat cowl now, when I picked it up yesterday for lunch they had misplaced it, so I had to go back after work because they had to go steal one from a crated bike from the warehouse, Its on now and looks GOOD.

Like I said I had to go back to the dealer to get the cowl, and I saw that darn limited edition 14 again, I darn pee myself laughing every time I see it.

Some of you probably like it and more power to you, but it cracks me up. Ill post a pic of it.

Ok, as of today, I still LOVE the bike. One complaint though.

Prior to this I had a 2001 Busa and then a 2000 Busa (no limiter or throttle retard). So I was used to all that power up front and at your service.

Now on the 14, trust me when I say this, IT HAS SOME WHIPLASH POWER, but it doesn’t kick in until you hit higher RPMs. The throttle retard prevents it, and in all honesty it pisses me off. I have already done some research and figured out how to change it. I can see why they do it to the Busa and the 14, to prevent green riders from meeting gravel.

But if feels like to me it’s excessive, then again I’m coming off a 2000 busa.

Now, the debate maker, just kidding, is handling. After riding the 14 last night and jumping on my buddies busa right after, I'm convinced the 14 handles better, it feels right at home in the corners.

If anyone else has ridden the 14 and had a positive or negative reaction to the cornering I would like to hear it.

I can’t wait for the next meet up.

Ride Safe and more importantly Ride FUN

Dave (Coach)

Here is the Limited 07 as promised…
Hey Coach, congrats on the 14. I jumped ship myself a short while ago and as far as the power goes, you need to pull the secondary flies to get the linear power that we are used to. Trust me once the flies are out the 14 becomes much more predictable, safer and is a whole different animal. As far as handling I felt the lightness and flickability of the 14 and thought it was due to not having a steering damper but now I'm not so sure as she handles like a much smaller machine. I wish the 14 had forums as great as this one, but alas it just hasn't developed the following yet. I too visit back here often and usually lurk. Just thought I'd share a little of what I have discovered so far.

Congrats on the new ride. The black is tight. I'm not trying to hate on you, but I think the Busa fairs very well considering it was released 7 years prior. I like the Black, Red 14. Don't care much for the Blue, LTD. With all the Busas I see, it makes me wonder why more players don't get in the game. (Honda-Yamaha)

Back