my trackbike got a new look

black954

Registered
Here's some before and after pics of my trackbike. I just finished up with the paint and TONS of fiberglass repairs. I am giving the Pilot Power 2cts a try so we'll see how they work.
List of upgrades from the last few weeks:
Custom paint (to mimic 2004 GSXR 750 colors)
Stompgrip
traded Vortex rearsets for stock (my legs are too long!)
cut out foam seat and installed stock seat
painted wheels black and installed PP 2ct's
Fresh Amsoil and filter
LOTS of fiberglass repair
I'll be on my way to Jennings GP in Florida this weekend to test out the new bike. I'm just hoping to have fun and not crash so we'll see how that pans out.

racebike1.JPG

man I like the new AND the old looks! can ya trade them out for variety? ?
biggrin.gif

(black954 @ Mar. 07 2007,15:48)
(Charlesbusa @ Mar. 06 2007,22:07)
super.gif

I need to get some of those stompgrips for my 750  
beerchug.gif
In jeans they are very grippy. I'll let you know how they are in full leathers.
Real grippy with leathers too
wink.gif

(motogp08 @ Mar. 07 2007,15:51) Sweet bike!

How serious are you with your racing?
Not serious at all. I only do track days. I think if I were to start racing I would push myself too much and wind up injured more than when I rode dirtbikes. I do trackdays just for the pleasure of it. Plus my bike is too old to be competitive and i'm way too big to be serious.

at which track do you race? was thinking of taking my 02 1k to the track since it's just been sitting around since 02...and my kids keep me too busy to check into track days....

There is the Autobahn in Joliet, Blackhawk Farms in Rockford, and Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin. I don't race, rather track days. Not as competive and you get more track time. You should bring out the 1000, or if you would like, I know someone with a badass GSXR 600 allready preped for the track that would trade you straight up........

Back