got a dry kit

Acesand8s

Registered
haven't installed it yet because I'm worried. I don't have a deactivation switch for the risk of hitting redline and I have no idea what will happen when I hit the nitrous the first time. I hear it's "violent". if anyone can break that down or have any tips for a nos virgin I'd appreciate it.

(Acesand8s @ Feb. 22 2007,21:41) haven't installed it yet because I'm worried.  I don't have a deactivation switch for the risk of hitting redline and I have no idea what will happen when I hit the nitrous the first time.  I hear it's "violent".  if anyone can break that down or have any tips for a nos virgin I'd appreciate it.
Don't worry...Nitrous can be as violent or as soft as you want it to be. Start with the smallest jet in the kit,probably a .028 ? If it is a .028 bump the fuel up 6 % from just below where you want to start spraying. I start at 7 k + on the busa,8 k + on the 12. Fill the tank with fresh super,and give it a try in a taller gear.Even if you have good pressure,the hit will be pretty soft.

If you have timing added to your map,pull it out.

Lots of people just have the button like you, but I run a throttle position and RPM window switch for activation.  That takes a lot of the brain power out of it - no chance of overrevving or spraying too early.  

Probably stating the obvious here - but spray in third gear or higher your first time and start small on your jets and you'll be fine.

Edit: oh, and be warned. After your first time, your otherwise fast Hayabusa will now feel like a total slug when you aren't spraying.

thanks for the tips guys. I'm so anxious to get the kit installed but I think I might wait till I get the RPM window switch. with my luck preventative mods and parts are a must.

(Acesand8s @ Feb. 25 2007,20:08) thanks for the tips guys. I'm so anxious to get the kit installed but I think I might wait till I get the RPM window switch. with my luck preventative mods and parts are a must.
That's the way to go. I have a friend ( his bike was stolen in Myrtle Beach ) that ran NOS. He had a NOS driven shifter also. All he did was drop the clutch in first and the bike did the rest. Shifted at certain RPMs through the gears and sprayed.

Sounded like an automatic Busa.
super.gif

(Acesand8s @ Feb. 25 2007,22:08) thanks for the tips guys.  I'm so anxious to get the kit installed but I think I might wait till I get the RPM window switch.  with my luck preventative mods and parts are a must.
Schnitz racing makes a great one. TPRS-002 - it is a throttle position switch and an RPM window switch all in one.

Costs about $160 or so if I rememeber correctly.

(Hayabusa4life @ Feb. 26 2007,16:22) I'm looking to get a kit myself !!!
DO IT !!!

I just got 8 bottles filled the other day. Now if the weather would cooperate. I could drop the hammer on my new setup. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.  
laugh.gif

IM000114.jpg

(johnnycrash @ Feb. 26 2007,13:16)
(Acesand8s @ Feb. 25 2007,22:08) thanks for the tips guys.  I'm so anxious to get the kit installed but I think I might wait till I get the RPM window switch.  with my luck preventative mods and parts are a must.
Schnitz racing makes a great one.  TPRS-002 - it is a throttle position switch and an RPM window switch all in one.  

Costs about $160 or so if I rememeber correctly.
yep, found it. my kit is from Schnitz so the window switch and such were easy to find. I cannot wait to get it so I can finally get everything installed.

(chevelle @ Feb. 26 2007,17:39)
DO IT !!!

I just got 8 bottles filled the other day. Now if the weather would cooperate. I could drop the hammer on my new setup. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.  
laugh.gif

IM000114.jpg
chevelle,

Why'd you move to the undermount shift cylinder mount (saw it in another pic of your bike different thread)?

I have been considering doing the same for looks but was concerned it wouldn't work as well.

How much stretch is that?

Bike looks good!

I want NOS now as well! Great mo money, mo money, mo money!!!!

(chevelle @ Feb. 26 2007,18:39)
DO IT !!!

laugh.gif

IM000114.jpg
Chevelle, That is a sweet azz ride man. Fastest NOS color too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks all

Undermount ?  I have had the cylinder mounted to the frame (motor mount) since last oct. Maybe you saw a older picture. Both ways will work,but i think the motor mount is the better of the 2 (less kill time)

My arm is 2.25 - 4.25''  With 17- 41,42 i am about 4'' over

I probably just saw an old pic of your bike.

I've got new Arata rearsets coming this week so I'm hoping the same method works with those - otherwise I'll have to go to the undermount.

Doug from Spencer called last night too - my swingarm is on its way. Throw that on and one more dyno run for N20 and I'll be ready to ride.

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

(johnnycrash @ Feb. 27 2007,22:19) I probably just saw an old pic of your bike.

I've got new Arata rearsets coming this week so I'm hoping the same method works with those - otherwise I'll have to go to the undermount.

Doug from Spencer called last night too - my swingarm is on its way. Throw that on and one more dyno run for N20 and I'll be ready to ride.

Post up when complete please
poke.gif

(dadofthree @ Feb. 27 2007,21:22)
(johnnycrash @ Feb. 27 2007,22:19) I probably just saw an old pic of your bike.

Doug from Spencer called last night too - my swingarm is on its way.  Throw that on and one more dyno run for N20 and I'll be ready to ride.

Post up when complete please  
poke.gif
beerchug.gif
As soon as it's all done with dyno numbers I'll post a full write up. Knock on wood shouldn't be more than three weeks from now.

The bike made 164 rwhp and 96 ftlbs without n20. I'm spraying a single .038 jet - hoping for 210 rwhp.

Back