First Wheelie

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I am not a wheelie person, you guys have shown me to many videos of people who look like they can wheelie way better than I hope to, bust their arse and bike. Don't mind the physical danger but couldn't handle and damage to Celine...so I keep both wheels on the ground.

That being said, I really don't practice any first gear launches, etc...I like to roll in 2nd up to around 5000rpm and hammer it. The rush is incredible and the front wheel stays at home.

This weekend before last, I synced the throttle bodies and pulled out my TRE. Been thinking it's been running rich and no one can seem to give a definative proof of it's use and more importantly...does a tre only affect timing or fuel injection as well?

So, out it came and I decided to let the PCIII do it's thing for all gears (not stuck in 5th gear map). Maybe I'm not correct in my thinking but at least with no tre I know for sure.

So anyway I pull out on the road, let it run up to about 4000 (I swear I'm in 2nd,  
rock.gif
) crank my right wrist and the front grabs serious air instantly...
AAAssjani.gif

My first wheelie  
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Maybe I was in 1st but I'm 90 percent sure I was in 2nd, what a rush though.

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

(Justyntym @ Feb. 26 2007,09:55) Maybe I was in 1st but I'm 90 percent sure I was in 2nd, what a rush though.
I thought you were going to say you were 90% sure it would be your last wheelie.
laugh.gif

I go out and practice all the time on my Busa......
It becomes really addictive,so watch it,you'll be obsessed soon!

1st can get ya quick.
I get 1 or 2 on the two straights just leaving the house, then I am good.

It's scarey when you twist and all of a sudden the tanks in your chest and you loose sight of the road. I learned not to hammer 1st gear when I want to smoke someone. I just role into it and by 4th gear, their in my rearview until I want to slow down or stop.

post_6_19615_acy.jpg

To file an insurance claim don't you need a police report?

So if you did a wheelie and crashed... are you really gonna tell the cops?

I'm not against people doing wheelies, because everyone can do what they want. I speed, so that's my addiction.

I stopped attempting wheelies because I don't want to fork over the cash to fix the bike if it crashes while doing a wheelie... and it's not like I'm gonna become a stunt rider or anything, so I just keep both wheels on the ground where they belong. But I love watching stunt vids. It's also much safer watching somebody else eat the pavement. Crashing hurts.

Have yet to lift the front on mine, but I'm getting the itch...
wow.gif

Did find myself looking for 7th this weekend. That kind of surprised me. It happens all the time on my Ninja 650R, but I didn't think I would ever go to lift the shifter and find myself at the top already on the 'Busa.

beerchug.gif
My wheelies are all "accidental", even though we're aware they may happen. All part of the fun
smile.gif

I used to have to blip the throttle to get it to stand up, that was with the stock tires. i now have a set of corsa tires and they grip like superglue. i find the front come up when i roll on the throttle in 1st and 2nd. always a rush to do a wheelie on the on ramp of a highway while climbing in speed  
super.gif

If you try to do it on purpose, remember to keep your foot on the brake just in case!

--Wag-

I still am a wheelie virgin, I have pulled the occasional floater but no wheelie.

Congrats!!!

I would love to be able to pull a wheelie and hold it for a short time. . Thats the truth. I've pulled the wheel up but just a little. I guess I just don't how and am afraid to fugg up my new scoot.

Here is a real quick thought. The average damage caused by a wheelie or any other "OOPS" will cost you at least $4K in repairs! If you are at that speed... all sorts of things happen really fast!

Take that $4K and buy a used 600 to go wheelie your brains out. If you trash it... it will always just look like a stunter and nobody cares what those bikes look like. A Busa with Road Rash from stunting is just a crime and my Brothers here should kick the ARSE of anyone jacking our insurance up from stupidity!

Back