Undertail

MeatyFrank

Donating Member
Registered
So how much work am I looking at if I decide to do an undertail...i've seen some on ebay for around 100-130...but I don't want to have to get too involved...it scares me to do any cutting on the bike...however the rear mudflap has to go...thanks again!

I picked up the hotbodies on here.  Just got lucky. You have to cut the mudflap all the way up to the rear pegs. kinda scary, but take your time and it'll come out sweet. the rest is basic wire'n. just match up the colors in the direction. that's it.... One word of caution with the hot bodies. Everyone says they can't see my brake lights during the day. Just throwing that out there.

backdogbones.jpg

it definitely gives it a cleaner look...man I just hate cutting on the bike...I'm just going to have to man up and do it...lol

(MeatyFrank @ Feb. 17 2007,14:34) it definitely gives it a cleaner look...man I just hate cutting on the bike...I'm just going to have to man up and do it...lol
HAHAHA,
I called Shibumi over to my place for the moral support when I did my UFO install. The result was good tho.

Don

an undertail definitely gives the bike a better look...is it necessary to get a rear hugger then to protect it? I've been reading about some that you have to drill into the swingarm...thats definitely not happening on my bike...haha

I went with Rumble undertail. The pin holes all lined up perfect. The tail/ brake light are quite bright.It has built in turn signals. Its a little spooky cutting the rear box off a new bike but realy no big deal. Instructions are detailed even to the wiring diagram for the lights.

busa3_015.jpg

If you need help, shoot me a pm. DR1300R and I just did mine. We took our time and soldered, heat shrunk all conections. There was some cutting. Your not to far away so if your not in a hurry, maybe we could ride out your way or you could come this direction. Heres a pic of mine (she still dirty from all the work) we put on the hugger and +1 links at the same time.

GSXTacy, I might have to take you up on that offer...only problem is I won't be able to get to a project like that until either spring break or the beginning of summer...medical school is keeping rather busy at the moment...lol...if I get it figured out when I plan on doing it I'll be sure to shoot ya a pm...even if it is for suggestions...thanks willingness to help...this site is great!
bowdown.gif

super.gif
No problem. It will be warm enough for Doyle and I to ride over that direction if you have a place to work on the bike for a few hours. We aint afraid of a little roadtrip.

that sounds pretty good...I've got a bike lift and everything...now I'll just have to try and decide which undertail to get...still gotta find an exhaust too...lol...thanks again!
beerchug.gif

hotbody is okay at nite...but on the day light? not so good...pashinit(did I spell right?) has some LED cluster bulbs for sale or knows whos selling it...either way, he can hook you up...but I haven't done anything yet...here is what mine look like...

PICT0527__Small_.jpg

i need an undertail...your guys' bikes have such clean, sharp looking rear ends...I still have the huge mudflap on...haha...something has to be done

while your decideing just chop off the flap with a dremil.
i`m in the same boat there are so manny options its hard to deide.

DSCF1696.JPG

yeah, I think I might chop it off while I try to make up my mind on which one to go with...I guess its good to have so many choices...sounds like i'm going to have a busy spring break/summer
jump9.gif

Back