Hauling my Busa to see GPW

firedevil.gif

(runeight @ Feb. 13 2007,09:17) Big George.

Send me the link to the guage panel you and Brendan installed please.

Whoops..just found it..Kempy! Great stuff too!

runeight...
No John... it's PPM Custom.

Your bike looks great!! Love the way it turned out. Mine is under a dust cover in the garage trying to stay warm. I have that itch to take her and run some bllod through her veins and mine. Great write up and pics. I missed the communication problem with the thread so I have no idea what happened.
Thanks for sharing with us all. Yes I am jealous, still trying to save up money for more mods.!
beerchug.gif

Man that Thor looks Sweet!~

Me and my girl are really jelious, I am going to have to buy her something nice for V-day now.... maybe that triple tree you showed us.... all girls love Chrome! what did you end up with for lowering link! you didn't use the adjustables one correct?

beerchug.gif

(rrookey @ Feb. 13 2007,12:55) Man that Thor looks Sweet!~

Me and my girl are really jelious, I am going to have to buy her something nice for V-day now.... maybe that triple tree you showed us.... all girls love Chrome! what did you end up with for lowering link! you didn't use the adjustables one correct?

beerchug.gif
No bones or links for lowering on my bike at all.  Greg special ordered the Penske shock so that it lowered my bike 1.5" in the rear and in the front the Trac top clamp does the lowering. More often you'll find that once it's lowered using bones or links you loose handling performance... not so when it's lowered like this! Doing it this way gave my bike the best of both worlds... out of the hole tight to the ground take-off. And a suspension that keeps me tight to the ground and made my bike much more agile for the twisties!

Hyperbike did a TREMENDOUS job handling both aspects of performance for me! I couldn't have asked for a better job  
bowdown.gif

Busa looks awesome...glad to hear of such a positive experience!

Great pic of Greg and DJ...
beerchug.gif

(brendanp @ Feb. 13 2007,13:09) 2 real "Cool Guys"

IMG_08972.jpg
You're 100% right, Brendan!

After meeting Greg and DJ in person I'd drive 400 miles just to hang out with them for some drinks.

(BigGeorge @ Feb. 13 2007,13:14)
(brendanp @ Feb. 13 2007,13:09) 2 real "Cool Guys"

IMG_08972.jpg
You're 100% right, Brendan!

After meeting Greg and DJ in person I'd drive 400 miles just to hang out with them for some drinks.
+1000

(VaBusa @ Feb. 13 2007,13:13) Busa looks awesome...glad to hear of such a positive experience!
Thanks, VA.

My expereience in a nutshell is this:
Greg built my suspension EXACTLY how I as wanted it. He took the time before the sale to learn my riding habits via PM's and phone conversations. And he was always concious of my budget. My bike didn't go to HPC to get faster... it just turned out that way for the SAME EXACT dollar amount that we had agreed on.

After money exchanged hands and I went home (400 miles away), Greg kept in contact with me pretty-much daily with updates. NEVER did I hear "George, there's a problem with this or that and the price is going to be higher". Or "You're going to need this and the price is going to be higher". Or, "Because you decided to do this, I didn't anticipate this added cost". That NEVER happened. He could have easily taken advantage of the situation. I trusted Greg enough to leave my damn credit card number on file with him... pretty much card blanche' to do what he needed to do. And there wasn't a SINGLE EXTRA CHARGE!

On the contrary, when all was said and done, Greg did things for FREE.

[*]Gorilla Alarm installed - FREE
[*]New Vortex sproket (from John) installed - FREE
[*]Swing arm plate relocator (which turned into a small project) installed - FREE.
[*]Full detailed wax from top to bottom - FREE.

Anyone considering doing business with Greg should keep this in mind:

I spent $4000+ at HPC. I never had a second thought. Is it because I'm a fool? Hahahaha... ride my Busa for 15 mins and you'll see what kind of magic Greg can work! It's easy to say that for that kind of money someone else could have done it closer to me. I'm sure that is a fact. But - much like when you make a large purchase - you want to feel comfortable with the person you are doing business with.

Now that the project is complete and can truly say that I'd recommend Greg and HPC to anyone 110%!

Sounds like a great experience BigG...I had the chance to take DJ's HPC modified Busa for a spin last fall, but I opted out...yep, fearful LOL I have this thing about riding other peoples' Busas
wink.gif

The other org members there took it for a spin around the parking lot and said it was awesome...I'm sure he did you right; DJ's a happy man...

bowdown.gif

Back