new gloves

jch364

Registered
I have owned my bike for almost a year now. In the last year I have tried my best to outfit myself with the best safety gear I can afford. So far I have a Shoei rf100, joe rocket blaster 2.0 leather race pants, Sidi boots and an AGV leather hayabusa jacket. I figure thats not to bad but I admit I am kinda shooting in the dark on some of this. The only thing I got burnt on bad was the joe rocket gloves I bought. They are junk.

So I have come up with 2 choices for gloves. I like the looks of both and I like the features. The first is the Held Phantom gloves. they go for $250. the other are the alpinestars gp pro gloves that go for $150 to $200. Found them for $150 on ebay. So the question is which one. Both seem to be great gloves but for bang for the buck, would the held gloves be worth an extra $100.? what do you guys think? Im kinda on the fence so any imput would help allot. thanks

100 dollars saved is a 100 dollars into the bike. I don't know nothing about either other than they have good reputations and you would be good with either. I guess it's about comfort and coverage. Good luck

Did you check out the Moto-GP Nitrous gloves?
I have these and they are awesome!

I like JR gear except for their gloves..... I agree, they suck

Try Alphinestar. I got a pair about a month ago. I like em'

post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
pics pics pics

thats it. hope to do some appearence mods this year. won't do allot cause i spent so much on gear... you can see on the pic on the gloves that there is a hole in it. it is not a hole from being rubbed on. it is a defect. I mean for crying out loud i have only had them a year and it looks like they have been through the ringer already.

lurk.gif
How old are the gloves, and is the damage only to that area on the clutch glove. I know they stand behind their products. If they're new take em back.
SHOCKED.gif

i have had them about 9 months or so now. got them from new enough. i think its probably too late now. funny thing is, the first pair i got from new enough had a hole in the palm. should have taken that as an omen. both gloves have worn the same on the padding.

Both are top notch, but that doesn't matter. What you want is the gloves to work for you incase of a crash. A $5,000 set of gloves that look great, feel great are useless if they don't protect your hand and fingers. I look at quality built first (you already have), then the protection capabilities starting at the Knuckles (they tend to get SLAMED down on a hard get off). Then the finger protection (joint protection), tip of fingers (can't tell you how many cheap gloves (made not nessary cost) I have seen at the track split on the finger tips (THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD). And then the palm (your gonna slide ya know- and I can tell you, you'll put your hand out if your on your back- it's just natural) and last but NOT least how they are secured to your hand around your wrist. Again, sliding with fashion gloves with no hold, WILL COME OFF ( Again WERY WERY BAD DEAL HERE) . Other than that, well it's up to YOU  
SHOCKED.gif

Back