the bike is taking a new direction

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
with some pending speeding issues....i have decided to get back to the track,here is what i have changed so far

brock gen III,carbon can
billit sprocket cover (canadian mike)
forks shortened (drag bike direct)
aluminum subframe
spare rear wheel,with drive and rotor
2'' lowering links
alum. kickstand

on the way...

short stacks (nitrous bike)
tobin seat
another 150 zzz and a few more sprockits
2.5'' lowering links

what i need to decide on....

motor head or tiger,undertail
leaning toward the m/h

also thinking i should move the bottle from the trunk,to the arm,thats a better place for the weight and heat = pressure

is it allmost springtime yet  
laugh.gif

What, no pics? Progress pics are better then no pics! Come on man, ya teasing now.

if i cant get by posting without pictures, your not going to either.
post up some pictures.

ok,here are some pics,the bike is so far from complete and so filthy,i just snapped a few

the only clean part,the new short stacks
IM000053.jpg

a stock set of forks measure 5'' from the dust seal to the bottom (unlaiden) these measure 2.5 (unlaiden)
IM000050.jpg

you might think bolting on a kickstand would take about 5 minutes,1 bolt and 2 springs.....well that's true,but the bike is so low that the retractable bottom portion was too long,i just chopped a little off to get the correct height,the other problem was that only a very small percentage of the ''foot'' actually touched the ground,i spent a few hours,fileing and test fitting until i had near 100 % contact

IM000051.jpg

if you use your imagination,you can allmost see the black,billit sprocket cover

lots more to come

Likey pics
smile.gif
Thanks.

For short stacks get ahold of Greg @GPW or Daniel @ Cloud9MS....

I pulled the air box and swapped in the short stacks

then i pulled the 2 nitrous nozzles out of the air intakes,and installed the alum (single) nozzle mount,it fits nicely in the hole left by the flapper actuater

from the 90, a 24'' #3 line will go to the solinoid,that will shorten up the line length and quicken the hit

while i was in there i pulled the plugs (10 k) i was glad to see they looked ''text book'' tommorow i will have the new cr10's (colder)

IM000066.jpg

for other's sake I will ask- got a part # on those short stacks from Suzuki?

sounds like you got a good plan mapped out-i gots to ask:what you run before (1/4mi times) with your old set-up w/NOS? n what all did u have on before?

TIA
beerchug.gif

on the suzuki fische,under air cleaner,it's(5)
p/n 13881-33E50

well.....i got out of racing 10 years ago,only ran the busa twice,for kicks,2 years ago,no spray then,just a yosh pipe and the usual stuff,best pass of about 6 was a 9.87 @142 (the bike was fully capeable of 9.70) i was the problem,just plain old rusty

it will take a few trips to the track, for me to get back into the swing of things,but i am motivated,the bike isn't ''new'' anymore,so i won't be holding back,and i am 15 lbs lighter now  
laugh.gif

i have some numbers in mind,but the track can be very humbling....

I got the new plugs in,along with the nitrous line, jet and airbox.

Next up was getting the electronic pressure gauge up front (with the bottle on the arm,i will need to keep an eye on the pressure)

IM000080.jpg

Then i mounted the bottle on the arm,with 2 bolt on brackets. I drilled and tapped them (4) with a 5/16-24 tap.

IM000082.jpg

There wasn't enough room between the bottle and the tire. So....on went a new,longer ek zzz. At 4'' over,i don't think it's a ''short bike'' anymore

IM000083.jpg

One more of the bottle,with a sneak peek at the brock,the 2.5'' links are on there also

IM000086.jpg

Tommorow i will have the swivvel T for the bottle,then i can get to work on remounting the regulater and solinoid (for the shifter) i think i will be moving the kill box also

I got the regulater and solinoid relocated under the tank,2 layers of foam should keep them comfy and jolt free.Line length from the solinoid to the shift cyl. is half of what it was,i should be able to turn the kill time to the minimum now.

A little better view of the (filthy) sprocket cover

IM000089b.jpg

I moved the kill box from the trunck to the subframe,i wasn't sure if it would fit on top of the (on order) m/h undertail,the only thing that will remain in the trunck is the btc box

IM000092.jpg

The btc box is lurking in the backround,upper right. I was out of little black zip ties,the yellow ones will be pretty easy to spot when i get some more  
laugh.gif

IM000091a.jpg

Nitrous and CO2 are plumbed,now i need to make siphon tubes for all my bottles

Back