B'day Project

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
OK... bare with me... I'm doing attachments on this one so it may take a while to complete~

As you know, the 30th was the 3rd Anniversary of my 40th birthday~ Brenda, aka LadyHawk, hooked me up with some stuff to tune up my Street Princess~ She was well over due and I'm a very bad Daddy for neglecting her so~ But my punishment is a whole nuther story that will not be illistrated on this forum!
tounge.gif
Anyhow...

This is what Brenda got me~ You may notice the Brake pads are for one front caliper... the salesman was a DA.. Brenda didn't know any better, and I didn't even catch it until install! It was supposed to be rear brake pads...

Bday_Gifties.JPG

... so I opened up my Street Princess and removed the airbox and proceeded to replace the plugs...

The_Task.JPG

... the plugs wern't too bad, but notice how they burnt~ The pic is the order in which they were removed~ The two on the left are a dry burn.. where as the two on the right are more of a wet burn...? Maybe you engine gurus can read me what this tells you?

Dirty_Plugs.JPG

As all this was going on.. the dirty oil was draining from the pan~ Pretty nasty... I know... I'm a bad pimp daddy!
sad.gif

Dirty_Oil.JPG

You gonna put a new filter in that B!...ah I mean is "Princess" gonna get a new one
rock.gif

As long as I had it out... I went ahead and replaced the airbox~ When I first put the BMC in place the top right screw had stripped out from being torqued down WAY to much~ So I had hot glued this section of my filter~ About a year ago I purchased another box from Dave (aka clrwtrbusa.. or however he spells it) and figured it was time since I had to clean out the filter~

Dirty_Filter.JPG

Yes, BA... the one Dave hooked me up with even came with a new K&N filter... it will be put in Brenda's Busa when the time comes due...

New_Airbox.JPG

The BMC cleaned up well.. it's hard to tell in the pic, but there's a nice pile of shiite that it saved from my intake system~
I also couldn't tell the diff between the BMC and K&N filters when they sat side by side.. other then the name stamped on top~  
wink.gif

Clean_Filter.JPG

...I ended up with a few spare parts after swapping out the airbox~ Let me know if anyone might be in need of these..
wink.gif

Spare_Parts.JPG

After she was all done.. I fired 'er up and found a Blue Dragon under the hood!
laugh.gif

The hat was actually found this past weekend at a yard sale~ It was just too hard to pass up!

Blue_Dragon.JPG

(GJoker @ Feb. 04 2007,10:17) Yes, BA... the one Dave hooked me up with even came with a new K&N filter... it will be put in Brenda's Busa when the time comes due...
OIL filter...ya gonna change it
rock.gif

...what was too perfect.. and kinda scary.. was that there was two of them! One went great with my bike.. and the other just happened to go with Brenda's!
cool.gif

Red_Dragon.JPG

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 04 2007,13:24)
(GJoker @ Feb. 04 2007,10:17) Yes, BA... the one Dave hooked me up with even came with a new K&N filter... it will be put in Brenda's Busa when the time comes due...
rock.gif
My bad.... I didn't replace the oil filter this time around~ I usually do that one every other oil change~ I know... I'm a cheap pimp daddy too!
tounge.gif

(GJoker @ Feb. 04 2007,10:26)
(BA BUSA @ Feb. 04 2007,13:24)
rock.gif
My bad.... I didn't replace the oil filter this time around~ I usually do that one every other oil change~ I know... I'm a cheap pimp daddy too!  
tounge.gif
I'm a cheap sumbitch too...every other is what Zuk says
wink.gif

That was it... now I've gotta take 'er for a ride around the hood before the game stuff starts~ Hope ya pic hounds enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed the bonding time with my Street Princesss!
super.gif

(GJoker @ Feb. 04 2007,12:21) ...I ended up with a few spare parts after swapping out the airbox~ Let me know if anyone might be in need of these..
wink.gif
hey I don't see a spare filter in with those parts..
poke.gif

Showing iterest in spare filter...
Good job on everything, Was the plugs hard to do?
rock.gif

(Pops Roos @ Feb. 04 2007,13:32)
(GJoker @ Feb. 04 2007,12:21) ...I ended up with a few spare parts after swapping out the airbox~ Let me know if anyone might be in need of these..  
wink.gif
hey I don't see a spare filter in with those parts..
poke.gif

Showing iterest in spare filter...
Good job on everything, Was the plugs hard to do?  
rock.gif
No Pops... it's all pretty basic~ The biggest pita about doing the plugs is that you have to remove the airbox to get to them~ And even that really isn't too bad as long as you pay attention to what hoses and plugs you're unpluggin'~ I had done the pair block mod back when I installed the HMFs, so I had less hoses to worry about~
wink.gif

No spare air filter, sorry~ I just cleaned out the BMC and put it back in~ The K&N that came with the other airbox will go in LadyHawk's Busa whenever she hits 10k on her odo~
cool.gif

wink.gif

No spare air filter, sorry~ I just cleaned out the BMC and put it back in~ The K&N that came with the other airbox will go in LadyHawk's Busa whenever she hits 10k on her odo~

Hey no problem never hurts to ask.. wanting to stay stock anyway just thought if the price was right..
wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up on the plugs.. Sounds pretty easy..

Back