Can someone measure their Stands for me...

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
I have more metal than money right now with the baby so I am going to fabricate some bike stands... Could someone shoot me or post the specs for the Front and Rear stand.
Much appreciated.
E

Give me a little while, I will measure them up for you.  
Front-pitbull
DSC03334.jpg

Rear-Suzuki (I like this design the best)
DSC07975.jpg

Uploading pictures now. If you want better resolution PM your email address and I will email you the jpgs.

I hope this gives you enough detail needed, it's not like you are building a piano!

Pictures are coming - Please Hold

I just tried to post a bunch of pics and it didn't show up, must have been too big.  The front first then I will post the rear.

DSC03904.jpg

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03899.jpg

Hey are you making fun of my measuring stick...  I couldn't find my normal tape measure so I used the stick.  I have a special measuring stick that my girlfriend uses, if I would have used that, the rear stand would have been big enough to pick up a volkswagen...

The main tube is 1.5" diameter, I don't know the wall thickness.  The cross support braces are 1.25" on the rear stand.  I didn't measure the front, but i believe it's 1.5"

Main Tubing
DSC03927.jpg

Cross support
DSC03930.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

oops.. that's this afternoons project...
DSC03935.jpg

Ok, that's enough picture for now. Now it's time to clean the bike, change the rims (new rubbers) and put soupy's links on. So more pictures of the other project will be posted later tonight. Although I'm tempted in just changing the rear and go for a ride....

Can't going anywhere with this...
DSC03887.jpg

Wow... Thanks very much! Gonna try to crank one or two out today!
E

Looks pretty simple... show us what you make. There was another member that made his on stands too. For some reas 8Daytona8 comes to mind.

Back