Accident pictures

HT_USMC

Registered
Link to write up of accident:

Here's the pics:

Shot of my 24 hour old bruised and rashed hip. Shot doesn't show the skin I peeled of with the bandages I was freshening up. Good news, the thing wants to heal; bad news, it thinks the bandage is a good place to start that process.

SSPX0111.JPG

Aaaah. The SP-1's secret weakness; Look closely at the right gloves wrist area - I got rash THROUGH the glove?! I'm glad I was only doing 30 mph.

SSPX0129.JPG

My son modeling my "broken-in" leathers. I'm just glad I wear gear every time I get on the bike nowadays. Can't believe I've ever not worn gear.

SSPX0123.JPG

The backpack that probably saved me from any rash on my back as it lifted me off the ground. It was practically new prior to the get-off. I sure hope the one she buys me matches a little better!

crazy.gif

SSPX0126.JPG

My mirrors get to be painted again - they looked good prior to the pavement surfing... I promise.

small_mirrorShot.JPG

Typical stator cover grind followed up by a typical excuse to replace the stator cover with a non-oem version

tounge.gif

SSPX0114.JPG

My rudder. When you're surfing the pavement, your fins and your flippers have to work together to point you where you want to go. I relied too heavily on one flipper. This one reminds me that I need to refill the glass of rum all day long.

I'll be buying boots before I ride again - they were on the list already but until this happened they kept getting bumped down that list.

small_ankleGrind.JPG

Other than the plastic it looks like you faired well.
beerchug.gif

This is another testimate for wearing gear.

Sorry about the get off!!! Thank God you had your gear on. It looks like the bike didn't get it too bad. Plastics can be replaced and skin will heal. At least that is all that was damaged and you walked away OK.

How'd the exhaust fare? Did you rash the can on that side?

i know you are going to be sore but overall it looks like you faired pretty well due to wearing your gear
beerchug.gif
i'm glad it's not any worse

(SpeedGeek @ Jan. 27 2007,23:15) Sorry about the get off!!! Thank God you had your gear on. It looks like the bike didn't get it too bad. Plastics can be replaced and skin will heal. At least that is all that was damaged and you walked away OK.

How'd the exhaust fare? Did you rash the can on that side?
Completely forgot the can... yeah in typical fashion it ate pavement too.

Here ya go

SSPX0115.JPG

I once again applaud you for wearing gear!! Your son and family thanks you for it most of all. The bike doesn't really look too bad. But now you've got some thinkin' ta do!! Hmmmm......what color now........
beerchug.gif

All things considered, it could have been a LOT worse. Damm glad you're okay, man.

Boots. I think that's one of the most neglected but most needed items of gear other than a helmet.

Hell, EVERY piece of gear is important.

--Wag--

Really glad you weren't damaged any worse and hope you get your bike back in mint condition soon.

Gear is the bomb
bowdown.gif

Back