1098 Dyno Test

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
This is from a Duc dealer near the Poconos--North American Warhorse. The website also has a short video of the test, so you can hear the 1098 at max rpms.

http://www.nawarhorse.com/ducati/ducati_events.htm

1098_Dyno.jpg

woohooo! Ducati has caught up to 2003!!! ;) [poke poke]
biggrin.gif

Should be a great bike. Sport Rider does a ride/review I have yet to read

I would still pick the GSXR 1000. More bang for the buck, and probably $10,000 less.

That 1098 could be the news of the year man. A big twin with 91 ft/lbs and and 140+RWHP and around 370LBS could be lethal. Teh front end alone is worth the price of admission.The Stock 1098 is listed at 14,999 too.

Now the down side! Ducati built this bike with one purpose in mind. To coerce the governing bodies to allow them to increase the displacement for twins in the Superbike Class. This is not the way things ought to be but I can only imagine that the FIM will buckle and the clowns at the AMA will surely follow suit! Remember the 250c advantage that saw Honda build the RC-51 (and Suzuki to a lesser extent with the TL1000R) several years back? If this is allowed to pass you can bet Honda will have a new RC?? within a year to maintain parity. OK I'm done.
rant.gif

Yep, that 1K Gixxer is a beautiful bike! And Ducati did pull out of AMA Superbikes precisely because they couldn't really compete with the bigger-horsepower Suzukis, Kawis, and soon-to-be Yamahas and MVs. As far as the FIM is concerned, well, Bayliss on the 999 was invincible last year, so I doubt they'll be any changes this year (in fact, I think they're still running the 999 in World Superbike). Here's the 1098:

1098_Small.JPG

I think the difference in price is well worth the ticket of admission.

You just cannot buy those wheels, and front end for a Gixxer and not spend more than $14K total.

duks make power for a very limited time ... I can't remember the last time I saw a duk actually finish a race in the U.S.

I got a duk rep's feather all ruffled a couple of Daytonas ago (at the ducatic factory tent)...he was bred on all the typical duk propaganda and B.S. that goes with it...quoting crap statistics from the UK and such (where thousands more duks race than here).
I told him that something ALWAYS goes "BOOM" on a duk in a race....he proceded to get in my face and such...yada yada..
argue.gif

I wished him luck and went my own way....
What happened the next day during the main event?
4 duks started the race......ZERO of them finished.
Everything from gearbox to crankshaft issues....
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

imagine that?

nice bikes and all...but not worth the $$$ for such a MAJOR weak link (the entire bottom end of their motors).

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(BusaCruise @ Jan. 22 2007,12:49) duks make power for a very limited time ... I can't remember the last time I saw a duk actually finish a race in the U.S.

I got a duk rep's feather all ruffled a couple of Daytonas ago (at the ducatic factory tent)...he was bred on all the typical duk propaganda and B.S. that goes with it...quoting crap statistics from the UK and such (where thousands more duks race than here).
I told him that something ALWAYS goes "BOOM" on a duk in a race....he proceded to get in my face and such...yada yada..    
argue.gif

I wished him luck and went my own way....
What happened the next day during the main event?
4 duks started the race......ZERO of them finished.
Everything from gearbox to crankshaft issues....    
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

imagine that?

nice bikes and all...but not worth the $$$ for such a MAJOR weak link (the entire bottom end of their motors).
Sounds like you're talking about Buell's........never finish a race.
wow.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(BusaCruise @ Jan. 22 2007,12:49) duks make power for a very limited time ... I can't remember the last time I saw a duk actually finish a race in the U.S.
Not sure what you're watchin', but in AMA racing, last year Eric Bostrom placed 3rd overall on the 999, with overall first place finishes at Pikes Peak, Laguna Seca, and Mid-Ohio, and Neil Hodgson finished 6th overall with a first-place overall win at Road America. And in World Superbike, Bayliss took the championship away from Corser on a 999, with, I think, 8 round wins.

(Copperone @ Jan. 21 2007,20:52) I would still pick the GSXR 1000.  More bang for the buck, and probably $10,000 less.
Gixxer: $11,399.00; Duc 1098 $14,995. Difference is $3,596.

As great as the 1098 is, I still don't believe it will have enough to beat the GSXR 1K. And isn't the K6 GSXR a 2006 model, where as the 2007 GSXR is all new again? I just might have to get a GSXR 1K and find out for myself....

The Ducati shows damn near 10 ft/lbs more torque (not sure about the 07 1K) and porobably less weight to push around than the GSXR. Make no mistake it will be a formidable package!

As for the price difference? $3600 may not go far towards adding the huge Brembo's and Marchesini's to the GSXR. I can't wait for the first tests.
super.gif

(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,15:46) As great as the 1098 is, I still don't believe it will have enough to beat the GSXR 1K. And isn't the K6 GSXR a 2006 model, where as the 2007 GSXR is all new again? I just might have to get a GSXR 1K and find out for myself....
I agree ... the 1098 is a beautiful bike, but you can't beat the Gixxer 1K (or the 600 or the 750).

Back