How to adjust the idle

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Need to make a quick idle adjustment, but hate to take the seat bolts out, remove the seat, get out the prop rod, remove the tank bolts, prop the tank up, and then have to do it all in reverse 10 seconds later after the idle is set?

You need to get one of these:

101_3356.JPG

Once you get the screw driver in the screw, just twist which ever direction you need to in order to get the idle set where you want it. No bolts or prop rods to mess with
smile.gif

Dennis you are the man. Now how long is that screw driver. My luck says that I will buy one thinking it is long enough, then get home and it will be too short. Story of my life.

Don

(USN05LE @ Sep. 16 2007,18:37) Dennis you are the man.  Now how long is that screw driver.  My luck says that I will buy one thinking it is long enough, then get home and it will be too short.  Story of my life.

Don
20" long, just shy of 1/4" in diameter.

The fastest year came with a external adjuster, its the little black knob right there by the oil cap..

Get with Vman he can hook you up with all the parts to upgrade to the fastest year..
laugh.gif

But Kudos to the Busawhipped screwdriver mod..
super.gif
Always thinking..
bowdown.gif

2000_Busa_117_640x480.jpg

you do know that is the same screwdriver for adjusting the headlights without removing any panels?
smile.gif

(DR1300R @ Sep. 16 2007,17:09) The fastest year came with a external adjuster, its the little black knob right there by the oil cap..

Get with Vman he can hook you up with all the parts to upgrade to the fastest year..
laugh.gif

But Kudos to the Busawhipped screwdriver mod..
super.gif
Always thinking..  
bowdown.gif
+1
beerchug.gif

Yup - went with the vman1300 external adjuster mod. Much better than hauling a 14" screwdriver with me!
tounge.gif

(omslaw @ Sep. 19 2007,23:58) Yup - went with the vman1300 external adjuster mod.  Much better than hauling a 14" screwdriver with me!  
tounge.gif
i agree...i would hate to go down and come up with a 14" screwdriver sticking out of my hump
SHOCKED.gif
biggrin.gif

Back