Headlight adjustment - what gives?

Scooter

Registered
I know this topis has been done to death, but humor me please. The manual shows two headlight adjustment knobs. One for hoizontal, one for vertical. However, they don't seem to work as described.

The lower right knob adjusts the the vertical travel of only the high beam, the upper left knob does nothing.

How do I raise the low beam? What am I missing.

You got to take the bottom cover off the nose piece. If you take a flashlight and shine it way up in there you will see the low beam adjusters. The left ones do horizontal and the right ones do vertical. You can reach up there with a 1/4 drive rachet and socket (10mm I think) to adjust. Its a b*tch. I swore at the dealership and Suzuki for days trying to get it right.

You mean there's two adjustment knobs on each side? I only saw one. (And I had that lower cover off and had my flashlight up in there - they must be well hidden!)

Here ya go. Hope this helps!!
cool.gif

img002.jpg

You say left side does vertical ,is that from looking at inside or looking from outside? I would hate to mess the horizonal up.THANKS for any insight on this

If you were sitting on the bike the knobs on the right do vertical and the ones on the left do horizontal.

Can someone please tell me how to replace the low beam 12V H7 bulb??

I can't get the spring to unhook the old bulb - ARRRR- only a hobbit could fit a hand up in behind the light!!!

I've got a mirror, a flashlight, and a little patience left.

please help!!

take the bulb out and try it cold a few times... there is a feel for it. Believe me when I say it is ez'r on the Busa than some others.

I use a long No.2 phillips head screw driver to adjust mine. I also use it to adjust my idle screw without having to remove anything or raise my tank.

I was installing my shiftlight the other day and I was amazed how easy it was to adjust the headlight! I took off the two panels that surround the gauges, and then removed the gauges themselves (two bolts) and everything was acessible.

I then sat on the bike and turned on the key and adjusted it to my liking.

No laying on my back, or hiring a dwarf contortionist, plain and simple!
biggrin.gif

Yep - it's a whole lot easier from the top. Remove the filler panels between the tank and fairing side panels and you'll be able to do things you never thought possible. Take the windscreen off, too, if you REALLY want to see what you're doing.

Ed

i adjust it using my hands. its really not that hard to turn the adjusters!

As your sitting on the bike, you have to push the left side of the clip inward and downward in a curving motion.

I use a long No.2 phillips head screw driver to adjust mine. I also use it to adjust my idle screw without having to remove anything or raise my tank.
Hey resurrecting the dead here!
whistling.gif
To simplify this the 10mm bolts on the Right side adjust the beam up or down. Bottom 10mm head with jagged washer adjust the lo beam even though the light is on the top! Top 10mm bolt head (on my 06 anyway) has a #2 Phillips screw driver slot in it. Don't remove a thing unless its off anyway! From the Right side of the bike with forks turned to the left, top screw (hi beam,"lower light") with A 15" screw driver adj with no prob at all. Lower has to be with a socket, & long swivel head extension. Man is it ever nice now to be able to make those A$$ H@les dip those hi beams that didn't B4.
deadhorse.gif

I was installing my shiftlight the other day and I was amazed how easy it was to adjust the headlight!  I took off the two panels that surround the gauges, and then removed the gauges themselves (two bolts)  and everything was acessible.  

I then sat on the bike and turned on the key and adjusted it to my liking.  

No laying on my back, or hiring a dwarf contortionist, plain and simple!
biggrin.gif
+1
This is the way to do it.
thumb_up.gif

Back