Shocking Video

Not being a authority on aerodynamics but just a interested observer, I must comment that aerodynamics is not something that can always be seen with the naked eye but can take on many shapes and forms. If it were a eyeball thing then windtunnels would be a waste of time and money. The real trick is a aerodynamic shape with function, read rider protection and a degree of comfort at higher speeds, also a look that is not offensive to the weird people that actually like to look at their bike.

Marty,
Comparing Kizer's ZX11 to a standard production bike is crazy. How can you compare it or your 1300 with a turbo to the intent of the stock 1300 vs. a stock ZX12 on top speed? I should hope a turbocharged 1300 could beat a stock Zx12. Besides that, top speed is more bragging rights than anything else. Quarter mile times is what gets the most respect from the majority of the riders who buy these monsters.

Eric, sorry... but I am NOT talking stock bikes here... I'm talking the end result of a highly modified bike; ie: what is the ultimate bike going to be?

Stock.. not one person on this board is leaving his bike completely stock more than likely.. and some of us are looking to push the envelope in the fastest bike zone. Using that baseline, that is the basis for my note.

Kizer's ZX-11 is a five year old bike... and is not as aerodynamic, or nearly so, as the current bikes... and he and I both feel this Hayabusa will push the top speed envelope well passed that of the ZX-11. That bike topped out at 234 MPH, not out of horsepower - but out of aerodynamic slip... it reached the limit of the bike.

We're working together on this bike.. and hopefully we'll find out what the next speed limit will be.

FYI: Not to sell Kawasaki short... I am planning on putting together a ZX-12 for the same speed attempt... and to set the record straight... my blood flows green - I have always ridden and raced Kawasaki's... this is the first Suzuki that I have ever been convinced about. After riding one for an article... it did take me too long to figure out what it's superior traits were.

-Marty Kane

Hmmmmmm..... you gonna ride that thing that fast Marty? Taking volunteers? It's either a ZX-12 or 600SS racing for me next season, but maybe I can live one of those fantasies through you. Are either of them going to be a shootout bike? The ZX-12 will have a huge advantage going 8.90's @ 160 plus stock....lol!

Eric, maybe you should step up to a turbo system on your Bird. There are a couple good ones out there. Heck, that bird is pretty slippery, huh?

Marty, the thread was started on what a stock ZX12 may be capable of running. And how can you say the 1300 with a turbo will be faster than a bike that hasn't been released yet (that could also be similarly equipped)?
Kizer going to run it at Baytown once the turbo goes on? I'll be there if he does (and someone lets me know - I can video for you if you like). No turbos for me. I'd love to but my $$ is going to roadracing at the moment. I just need a clutch that works right to get into the 9s now.

See, Eric, now you're talking. I thought we had lost you for a bit there. (VFR...lol) At any rate, make that mod and let's see what that gets you.

Killer? Just don't want some dude giving Team Green a bad name. To start a thread with a "challenge" and a "whoop all of you guys" attitude doesn't go over real well. The truth, any of those hp figures he put up may not be enough. Depends on the rider! I know I'll come to win!

I have new info on this video but Iam reluctant to share it for fear of critical responses.If you all ask me nicely I will tell.

Do you know what will end this pissing contest between Suzuki/Kawa/Honda over who has the fastest bike....? The insurance companies and politician's.

Might as well enjoy what we have now before the ass holes get us in the end.

Everybody Relax, ZX-12 not due till 2001, by then our buses will be two years old and if figures of ZX-12 are true, we can all trade in and keep boasting that we have the fastest bikes. Simple!!!!

What's with these guys at the Hayabusa site? It's like talking to the guys at work who don't ride, they don't have a clue. In their own minds they're the greatest and don't even begin to tell them otherwise. How can these guys sit there and bash a bike (ZX12) that hasn't even been built (released) yet? I put a post on here looking for a guy in my area to run with me on the expressway and I get Mr. ZX9 looking for a drag race after I expressly said I didn't want to drag race. The guy who started the thread is a Hayabusa owner, not a ZX11 idiot like me. Why does he deserve such harsh treatment from his peers? The best part of this site is when someone opens a thread, reads the first post, then skips to the bottom to enter his opinion. If the guy would have read the other postings he would be more informed and less irritating. Then there's the guy who said that most people buy the flagship bikes for their quarter mile times.... "The Busa is the fastest production bike", that's what I keep reading on the magazine covers. I'm sure such a big engine that is runs the quarter the quickest and fastest too, but in my defense I DON'T F*CK*NG CARE ABOUT QUARTER MILE TIMES!! If quarter mile times were so important to "everyone" wouldn't these magazine covers be raving about the Hayabusa being the quickest? As I've posted here before, quarter mile times have more to do with rider skill than with power (to a point of course). If I was on a Hayabusa and Ricky Gladson was on an EX500 I feel pretty sure he could beat me every single time we drag raced. Hell he's got ZX6s running what? Low 10s/high 9s. Tell me that anyone else, less skilled, could get on a ZX6 and make it run low 10s. Top speed ... even I could get on Mr. Turbo's 460hp ZX11 and go 230mph. Cut Fitch some slack, he's one of you, he could have held his breath and not told you about the impending threat. As for Mr. 9...this page requires a 1000cc displacement before you can post ... you don't even have 900cc.

Jamie....your words exactly....

"I challenge any of you in my area to a gentleman's race of your 1300 against my 1100 either for top speed or roll-ons from 20mph or what ever (no knee dragging if I wanted to do that I'd buy a 750)." ..."or whatever" could imply drag racing, correct?

"I'd like to see if the hype is real. If you're so sure my bike is too old to be competitive then the fact that mine is a '92 should reinforce your egos onto thinking you can beat me. So prove it. So come and whip me, if you think you can." You say stuff like that and then get pissed because someone has something to say about it.

Come on dude...but, you are correct. Gadson would whip you on the EX500 because you are a nob. You want to go from a roll because you launch like a woman. Then, if you were so into top speed, then why would you gear your bike down? You obviously don't know what you want and could quite possibly be one of those "mind jockey's" you talked about. I'll stop my comments because obviously it's not going anywhere, but just think twice next time about what the repsonses might be when you "post a challenge". I'll go back to the 900 cc and under boards now. Late.

YZFR1....you said you could go 142 in the 1/4 on your R1. What track are you at, what is the eleveation, et, and what mods do you have to include tieing down the front, gearing, pipes, jetting, electric shifter, etc.....in other words anything you have done since it left the factory.

yzfr-1, i have to question your 1/4 mile times versus your mph versus your short time (60 foot time) how is it that you are running in excess of 140 mph terminal speed, and a short time of 1.70 and only running a 10:4? i mean, my 1991 gsxr 750/1216 has 152.5 rwhp and has all carbon fiber body work and magnesium rims. meaning, it's ultra light in the front end. so i can relate to trying not to wheelie through the first three gears, however, with a 1.73 short time, i've run 10:flamethrowing: @ 138 mph. now that's fighting the front wheel pretty well in the first couple of gears. with your mile an hour, and that short time, that's easily high 9's very low 10's. so what gives? not trying to bust your balls, just wanna know if maybe you lose it in the 1/8th and make up some serious ground in the last 1/8th or what. hope it's a good one.
mike

by the way, mine is still at a stock 55" wheel base, stock ride height, no straps, no burnout, just drive it to the track, and run it, and drive it back home. (hopefully with money or trophy) this reply just in case you come back with what lowering i've done or what tie down i used or whatever. it's stock ride height completely and stock wheelbase. and no burnouts. thank you.
mike
p.s. like i said, not trying to give you a hard time or call you a liar, just curious how those numbers mesh.

This not matter to some but in my Magazine they have a picture of the ZX-12 (Motor Cyclist May issue with Busa on cover 189.5 radar verified...old outdated news by the way). Anyways the thing looks ugly to me...I know alot of people say the Bus is ugly, but I think that it looks awesome and many will agree, one page said that this bike's looks appeal to the largest audience (opinion I know) and I believe it. The ZX12 looks ugly to me but I only see the front end in the picture with the little ferry wings on it...It says and I quote "ZX12 is reputed to pump out 170 horses (usually when this is stated by the manufacturer they are talking at the crank), run a 9.8 second quarter mile (maybe I am mistaken but the bus does that...OK only 9.86 or something), and blow Suzuki's already legendary Hayabusa into the weeds." The magazine even said they were "taken aback look wise". These bikes will be so close that I would prefer the better looking one and also the plain fact that rider makes a big difference I would choose the Busa. What are we going to be doing with these bikes anyways? Going 199.6 mph and 201 mph to see whose is fastest??

Back