Radar & Lidar - Jamming & Scrambling?

Much as I like the idea of detecting RADAR and LIDAR. I would much rather employ some electronic counter measures.

Has anyone had any experience with the "Stealth" from Bright Futures (see http://www.brightfutureinc.com/ ). Does it work? Does it work on a 'Busa?

It's expensive, but if it works it would be cheaper than mounting a guidance system and stinger missles.

The good news is the Hayabusa is hard to pick up on a radar gun moving toward the radar, the only way we could get an accurate reading was to nail it after it made its pass,and was moving away from the gun. Special thanks to The Minneapolis Police deptartments gun,LOL.My friend is a cop and also a Hayabusa owner.

I would venture to guess not much. I saw on 20/20 they are trained to aim at the front plate, because it flat&metal.

Another article I read brought the distance for a ponitac firebird with no front plate down to like 200-400 ft before the radar/laser could pickup the vehicle and we are a lot smaller that that :)

I am not sure if it works, But i do know it has been around for 2 to 3 years. I am sure that doesn't help much, but maybe you can find some one who has purchased one.

I heard that the Lockheed skunk works people are looking for a few Hayabusas to experiment with stealth coatings. Give em a call. hehe.

For your information,I have a 82 Mazda Rx-7 with a front bra,and radar detector in car and I found that with the bra and the shape of the car it is hard to get a true reading of the speed off the car,I have no front plates also.I was doing 70mph in a 45mph zone when my radar went off and as I was going down the road a motorcycle cop had the gun on my car but did not go after me,I did hit the brakes when the radar went off at about 100 yard from the hidding motorcycle cop.But I think with the shape of the car with bra or even our bikes it will be hard to get a good reading and if you have a bigger object behind you,car/truck,the radar gun will already have a 5ft wide field and who's to say it was the bigger object that was going faster and not you.I think the only way possible to get caught is that you are the only one on the road or a Cop chopper or plane is above.

Are you saying radar doesn't work on the Bus? Yah-hoo-eee!!!
Seriously, does anyone know if there are restricted Bussa's in countries with 100 hp limits?
Inquiring minds need to know.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

If you guys would subscribe to the Hayabusa mailing list or read the messages if you are subscribed you would have seen the proof that has been posted in regards to radar detection on a Busa. This is becoming an urban legend or something.

Concerning the restricted Busas - once again if you will read the postings on these boards (hayabusa.org) you will notice an owner from France - Paris I believe that has a restricted Busa (100hp). He talks about what was done to restrict it and what he removed to un-restrict it. Come on guys - make use of our resources! If you haven't gone back and read the hayabusa.org postings from the past that is a good place to start. The Hayabusa mailing list archives are also available all the way back to the first message ever posted - back before the Busa was even for sale and everyone was waiting for them to arrive from Suzuki.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 25 July 1999).]

Todd-
I have read the ORG posts. I also sucribe
to the list. If i had read about the 100hp derestriction i would not be asking about it here. If you have the posts please let me know the Topic Title so i can view them. Or you can E-mail them to:
ducmanic@ix.netcom.com

Its possible i missed the topic thread.
My Bus' is still parked as an offering to the man.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 25 July 1999).]

I think TeamHayabusa is right about radar not spotting the front of the Busa.
I went dy a radar sign that shows how fast I am going, and it finly picked me up when I was about 100 ft. away.
I went back to do it again, but this time there was a van gainning on me from behind.
I was goining 30 mph. , but it only picked up the van at 39 mph.
I then tried 2 more times with no one behind me, and it never picked me up eather times.

[This message has been edited by gurrera (edited 25 July 1999).]

Duc - Sorry guy I must have been on vacation when you made your last reply on this topic.
The fellow from Paris posted on the topic entitled : Overheating, tyre wear, rough idle and he said this: "Hi guys. Here is some news from Paris France about my 2 months Hayabusa experience.
First incident I met with my brand new Hayab was the fan that failed to switch on once in traffic jams. I had to pull off the street and let it cool down. It never happened again.(Now it switches on by mid range of the temp gauge)

The battery was leaking right from the beginning and damaged the rear left suspension arm. Both had to be replaced under guarantee...but still.. ;o((

Second, is a very rough and uneven idle (even with the choke on) when engine is cold, with a knocking noise from engine and noisy clutch (like noise from bearings, you know?)

When engine is hot, it improves a bit but it is still rough compared with my previous smooth Honda VFR 800 FI.

I was told this was due to poor adjustment/synchronization of the accelerator flaps and also to a probably too rich mixture.

In France the bike is sold new with power limiters (inserts) fitted as standard in the air intake ramps. The max legal power over here is 100 DIN horse power.
All Hayabusa owners have those taken off quick to get the magic so called "full power"...
Mine had her little "operation" at 1.000 Kms service. A brown/black wire must also be simultaneouly be cut off (just by the injection/ignition electronic box) to bring the ignition/injection chart in line with new air intake datas.

Bad news, although the grip is excellent, my rear tyre (BT56j)is worn to the TWI at only 4.500 kms including 1.000 kms running in "

That was posted on July 23rd
Hope that helps - Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 14 August 1999).]

I've been told that radar [not laser] has trouble posting a speed on a fast decelerating object. I have stuck the nose of my Camaro [like the Busa, a lousy radar target to begin with] into a radar beam while hard on the brakes more than once, cops didn't light me up. Probably coincidence [coincided with a bite of donut]. Just kidding, Officer Falcon!

Radar Works on the Hayabusa..it's not a B-2 or an F-117,,You'll get whacked with a summons faster than you can Say "Jelly Donut" Don't listen to the hype that it's Stelth..it's "NOT"

Cop161 ®

FalconCOP161,

Just have a question, Is it true that you have to write a certain amount of tickets
per week ? If so please tell us the times
officers are most likely to be looking to
give them. Thanks and happy riding !

Fshaia..Different Deptpartments Have Quota's..I only Go by what my Dept.does..and we don't,,we do our own thing..we're our own bosses when we patrol in my Town.

And Pepole Don't waste your money $$ on all these BullShit anti radar/anti Lasar Gimmicks,,the manufactuers of these things just love people like you. put your money to more important things like,,taking your Wife Or girlfriend or both out to Eat,,that way you can get some booty,,and ride your Busa with no stress. Because you're all still gonna get Whack by Law Enforcement even with all these money making Gadgets that aint worth a Damn.

Good Luck if you Do Get Slammed by the Man,,good attitude may Get you Off ?

Ride Safe 161 ®

Back