More Dyno results...

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Bikes are more and more impressive as tests and data is released with customer deliveries...
Red Gen-3
Blue Gen-2
99CE683B-E8C4-40CA-96F5-8B158D7C1DD7.jpeg

Suzuki took the conservative German route, with lower nominal power than true hp. Greek magazine ”Moto” did dyno both Gen 2 and Gen 3, the later pushing 5 more Hp
I can see that, the same engine with work done on it from the factory should result in more power.

I think the big disappointment is it's not gobs more power, just a little more...many people wanted a boot stomper but didn't get one....

I'm just happy the Hayabusa didn't die, it looks good and has farkles, so what if it isn't the dominator....it hasn't been a dominator for years and years...but is still an iconic bike.

I can see that, the same engine with work done on it from the factory should result in more power.

I think the big disappointment is it's not gobs more power, just a little more...many people wanted a boot stomper but didn't get one....

I'm just happy the Hayabusa didn't die, it looks good and has farkles, so what if it isn't the dominator....it hasn't been a dominator for years and years...but is still an iconic bike.
Very true. I'm not sure who Suzuki was targeting with this new bike but it seems they hit it. It's getting a very positive reception.

Hasn't been a dominator?

What racing are you doing? It's owned pretty much every speed record under the sun and continues to dominate. Even the H2 hasn't got anywhere close...

Hasn't been a dominator?

What racing are you doing? It's owned pretty much every speed record under the sun and continues to dominate. Even the H2 hasn't got anywhere close...
:shocked:
The last time a Hayabusa dominated was in '99 and '00, the "gentlemen's agreement" put an end to that.

There are countless comparisons between Hayabusas and other bikes out there...the numbers don't lie...The Hayabusa isn't a "gutless wonder" but it has been outclassed for some time now. The gen 3 will all it's electronics will be better but all of the other bikes have had an electronic suite for years.

I trust guys like this...who are in the trenches and know.

Last edited:
:shocked:
The last time a Hayabusa dominated was in '99 and '00, the "gentlemen's agreement" put an end to that.

There are countless comparisons between Hayabusas and other bikes out there...the numbers don't lie...The Hayabusa isn't a "gutless wonder" but it has been outclassed for some time now. The gen 3 will all it's electronics will be better but all of the other bikes have had an electronic suite for years.

I trust guys like this...who are in the trenches and know.

I would say you're talking about "stock" or lightly modded bikes, otherwise you're just not informed....because you're right, "the numbers don't lie."

Show me one H2 that's been 240mph+ at an actual event or any 14 that's been 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, or 310mph+!

Like I said, the Busa still dominates almost all the main speed records!

If you're talking 1/4-mile, the rules are constantly adjusted since the Busa dominated. Now that the rules favored the 1k's it's changed again. Busa has been handicapped for a while..

Last edited:
I would say you're talking about "stock" or lightly modded bikes, otherwise you're just not informed....because you're right, "the numbers don't lie."

Show me one H2 that's been 240mph+ at an actual event or any 14 that's been 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, or 310mph+!

Like I said, the Busa still dominates almost all the main speed records!

If you're talking 1/4-mile, the rules are constantly adjusted since the Busa dominated. Now that the rules favored the 1k's it's changed again. Busa has been handicapped for a while..

It would take a very seriously modified Hayabusa to achieve the speeds you are talking about...the bike would be close to not being streetable...with enough resources and money you can get almost any bike to be formidable....

When I say the numbers don't lie...a ZX14R stock has more hp and torque over a stock Hayabusa and anything you can do to a Hayabusa you can do to a ZX14R.

Liter bikes have more horsepower but less torque but weigh a lot less which off-sets having less torque.

The H2 weighs the same but like the liter bikes has more hp but less torque. We have members on this forum who have modified H2s ( @JoeSTi ) and will soon have a turbo Busa out tearing up the streets.

If you are out on the street and come across a pack of liter bikes and you are on your Hayabusa, you will be playing a catch up game.

I love my Hayabusa too and have always toted the banner of Suzuki even racing for them but I know the Hayabusa has had it's day, it's a good bike.

I may be shot down...
But can we acknowledge that not everyone buys a Busa, or a zx14, etc to go blasting down a quarter mile, or attempt land speed records, or road races or top speeds down the fwy?
Some of us buy it as a road bike, touring, twisties, 2up, enjoying the countryside etc. We don't stretch it, (and look like a wanker riding it around the streets with no additional hp).
So there are times when comparisons between over the counter bikes are legitimate subjects for discussion.

Oh no... guess I haven't daily rode a 635hp Hayabusa for 8 years....
It would take a very seriously modified Hayabusa to achieve the speeds you are talking about...the bike would be close to not being streetable...with enough resources and money you can get almost any bike to be formidable....

When I say the numbers don't lie...a ZX14R stock has more hp and torque over a stock Hayabusa and anything you can do to a Hayabusa you can do to a ZX14R.

Liter bikes have more horsepower but less torque but weigh a lot less which off-sets having less torque.

The H2 weighs the same but like the liter bikes has more hp but less torque. We have members on this forum who have modified H2s ( @JoeSTi ) and will soon have a turbo Busa out tearing up the streets.

If you are out on the street and come across a pack of liter bikes and you are on your Hayabusa, you will be playing a catch up game.

I love my Hayabusa too and have always toted the banner of Suzuki even racing for them but I know the Hayabusa has had it's day, it's a good bike.

Will you stop saying the Hayabusa has had its day?
200.gif

Oh no... guess I haven't daily rode a 635hp Hayabusa for 8 years....
To get to that much hp, I'm certain it wasn't a cheap and easy build...and if you can do it to a Hayabusa, it can be done to any bike.

...and you are riding a bike with that much power daily on pump gas with zero issues, not overheating or anything? That's pretty amazing, well done on that build.

Last edited:
Back