Got Nature? Right in your downtown...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
We have all the usual critters pretty close to the center of town. Sometimes yer bigger animals wander thru as well.
These guys live right downtown 365 days a year.

20200730_200350.jpg

We get the occasional wolf,cougar,bear,etc visit but they don't live downtown permanently. Their cribs and the edge of their ranges are less than an'1 hour outa town.Rivers and creeks within 10 minutes of town have spawning salmon.Eagles and geese are everywhere and I was lucky enuff to snap a few pics of our name sake bird,the Peregrine Falcon. We have horse drawn carriages on the downtown streets too.
5 minutes up the waterway from my place you can jump a sightseeing boat to go out and get up fairly close to the killer whales and the fish and various seals they chow down on.
About an' hour north you can get up close and personal with birds of prey...including the Peregrine.
Lots to checkout if you ever make it up here. Revlis,his wife and a friend visited a couple times. Goldenchild came for a visit and parts trade. Andy from Seattle rode in for a day visit.Several others have visited but a meet & greet didn't happen for various reasons. Just north again is where they build them Super 7 cars with the Hayabusa motor for a power plant.
If you ever get a chance to pop on over to the island,I think you would like it. Great exchange rate for your American dollar.
You guys got anything cool in yer downtown?
Rubb.

Miami downtown? Filled with the smell of pee, people sleeping on the sidewalks, etc. Nothing interesting our way :(

I love victoria!

It sucks to have license plates on motorcycles. Takes away from how awesome u got that busa looking:super:

It sucks to have license plates on motorcycles. Takes away from how awesome u got that busa looking:super:
I got an' answer for that TB. I'm doing a little more research before I commit to it. A new buddy sports his licence plate vertically,nothing new right?
Well he hangs it off the front forks. The left front,to be exact.
Going to start a thread about it.
Rubb.

I got an' answer for that TB. I'm doing a little more research before I commit to it. A new buddy sports his licence plate vertically,nothing new right?
Well he hangs it off the front forks. The left front,to be exact.
Going to start a thread about it.
Rubb.

My knee-jerk reaction was "ILLEGAL" but after a quick Google, I found this:

Vertical position permitted for motorcycles
Despite section 3.02, a number plate may be attached in vertical position on the left front fork of a motorcycle, with the first number or letter at the bottom of the fork.

[en. B.C. Reg. 193/2015, App. 3, s. 3.]

Man, first I have heard of this! Not sure that I'd want to have to explain it to every cop who pulls you over for not having a rear-mounted plate but if you have the time to entertain them on the road-side every few miles, I'd say go for it.

The way yours is mounted now though, well, that is illegal. It has to be clearly visible from the rear at some angle right and left. Whatever. Like there isn't more than enough crime in this town to keep the police busy... oh wait, the mayor has forbidden the cops to bother Victoria's "most vulnerable"......

Back