ECU Editor Launch control

I didn't hear that. I don't know anyone who uses the clutch to shift when racing, even if they're foot shifting. Maybe some guys fan the lever, but nobody is pulling it in enough to activate the switch. That would kill your ET.
Pull the lever in without the bike running. Let the lever out slowly, where you hear it click in the sweep is where the motor comes off the 2 step and starts to head for redline. You have to slow it down by loading it, fast enough so it doesn't hit the limiter, but slow enough that it doesn't flip the bike. A longer bike is more forgiving of mistakes.

@Mr Brown the two step would be more of a novelty for me at this point. I'd probably set the launch limiter really low to practice. If the only risk is that it would kill my ET that wouldn't be a problem for me at this point, I'm not going to be at a drag strip or anything like that.

So it would be ok to use the clutch to shift between every gear with two step until I get my clutchless shifting down? My clutch is going to fry?

@Mythos your clutch probably won't fry, but it's gonna be a damn rough ride on the trans, let alone your cam chain and hub gear if you do that. Do not do it.

Clutchless shifting is extremely easy on a busa. You just need to try it. You don't have to be going full throttle or accelerating hard either. Try it on the street. As you are accelerating, slightly throttle down and at the same time lift up with your foot. You'll be surprised how easy it will go into the next gear. You just have to clutch to downshift. So there isn't too much to get down once you start using it.

Just so everyone is aware, I was running the 2 step (clutch limiter) in ECU editor when I had a factory engine, no turbo and stock clutch. I would throttle up just until the limiter came into play, then let out the clutch (snap it out) and still throttle up after that. It worked well for bracket racing for me. Takes a bit to figure out suspension to not burn the tire, but works. But with that, I was always power shifting and then using a push button shifter. I NEVER clutched it once above the limiter RPM setting.

I then began using the limiter in a 2 step fashion and built a decent amount of boost on the line when I converted to a multistage clutch.

clutch to downshift?????? on a motorcycle??
:poke:

am I the only one who can drive a non syncro transmission vehicle?

Buddy bet me lunch I couldn't drive my 35 mile mostly higwway commute in my RSX type S without using the clutch, other than at FULL stops
MMMMMMMM BBQ Chicken Calzone is better when free
poor kid was mortified that you can drive a car without the clutch

clutch to downshift?????? on a motorcycle??
:poke:

am I the only one who can drive a non syncro transmission vehicle?

Buddy bet me lunch I couldn't drive my 35 mile mostly higwway commute in my RSX type S without using the clutch, other than at FULL stops
MMMMMMMM BBQ Chicken Calzone is better when free
poor kid was mortified that you can drive a car without the clutch
Hi. WOW people use the clutch to up shift and down shift! I was in Boston 5 PM traffic and my clutch would not disengage. I drove my truck hone and replaced the master.

on My old FZR1000 At new England Drag way one night. I launched the bike felt like it spun a little then hooked, at the time slip booth I grabbed the clutch and brake to stop to get my slip
bike shuddered and stopped,,,,,,clutch wouldn't disengage so I drove home thru two toll booths and had to stop at three street lights,,,,,,,shut bike off, kick into first hit starter while pushing with feet(not sure if that was helping or not) BROOOOOMMMM bike shudders then starts and off I would go

Two clutch plates had shattered jamming together

I asked them before, and they who told me about the way of saving first the file at EE then open it from WRT software and everything I saved and activate in EE will be working in the background of the WRT file
Create the file in EE with the two-step (and nitrous if you please) then open in woolich. You won't see the two step settings but they are in there. I've done it many times.

Not sure if things changed but I had it on my bike 5 or more years ago and on the street I like to rev match my downshifts when coming down from some speed. If you have that limiter set at 4k you arent down shifting and rev matching anything in the upper rpms.

It's possible to hook a toggle switch in the wire between the clutch sensor switch and the DJ Ignition Module. DJ doesn't recommend the ON/OFF toggle switch but I asked exactly for the reason @04LE mentioned, I sometimes clutch downshift to match revs at some pretty high engine speeds when riding twisties and a launch rev limiter would screw that up. I don't know how you guys do clutchless downshifts unless it's very low rpm. I would never even try downshifting without blipping at high rpm. Also I like modulating the clutch a little if it's a hard down shift. That slipper clutch we have is next to useless.

BTW, did a clutchless upshift today. Well, I just touched the clutch and backed off the throttle. Yep, very easy and smooth.

It's possible to hook a toggle switch in the wire between the clutch sensor switch and the DJ Ignition Module. DJ doesn't recommend the ON/OFF toggle switch but I asked exactly for the reason @04LE mentioned, I sometimes clutch downshift to match revs at some pretty high engine speeds when riding twisties and a launch rev limiter would screw that up. I don't know how you guys do clutchless downshifts unless it's very low rpm. I would never even try downshifting without blipping at high rpm. Also I like modulating the clutch a little if it's a hard down shift. That slipper clutch we have is next to useless.

BTW, did a clutchless upshift today. Well, I just touched the clutch and backed off the throttle. Yep, very easy and smooth.
Typically you don't need to pull the lever to the switch to get clutch disengagement for your purposes. There is still no good reason for a two-step on a stock hand clutch bike though.

What are you using to find out the a/f ratios of each gear at whatever rpm?
@Mr Brown Yup, that's how I understand they work, pull the clutch lever, open the throttle 100% and the engine revs to whatever you set your launch rpm at. Slip the clutch at WOT, the launch rev limit remains at what it is set at. Clutch lever fully (or almost fully) released, the clutch sensor switch closes and the launch rev limiter is deactivated, you can rev as high as you want up to whatever your redline limiter is set at.

I have a quickshifter on the bike but I'm not sure I'll be able to use that for peak rpm shifts. It has not been extremely reliable for high rpm shifts so far. I have to sort that out. That's a whole different topic though.

If I use the clutch lever to shift with a two step, I know it's going to zip the launch rev limit for 90 milliseconds or so while I have the clucth lever pulled. Is there any harm in that?

Sounds like this guy might have been using the clutch to shift. I think I heard the launch limiter come on shifting to second in some video I saw years back. Maybe that was the redline limiter I heard.

Scroll to 25.

Sounds like he had to much kill time during shifts.
I used 2 step on my hand clutch bike and worked great. But you will have to adjust the switch and stack height to get the 2 step to turn off at the right time. My 2 step would turn off before my clutch was really slipping. So I had to adjust it to stay on while I’m still slipping the clutch.

I disagree. It's one less thing to focus on when launching. Pre-stage, stage, pin it and focus on the tree.

I find it easier to launch to without 2 step on a hand clutch bike. I had it on my drag bike cause I had a problem with my bike when throttling the bike had a glitch in it. My stock motor bike launches great with without 2 step.

I find it easier to launch to without 2 step on a hand clutch bike. I had it on my drag bike cause I had a problem with my bike when throttling the bike had a glitch in it. My stock motor bike launches great with without 2 step.
For me leaving at 6k+ it was always a struggle to get the rpm right. 2 step solved that problem.

I disagree. It's one less thing to focus on when launching. Pre-stage, stage, pin it and focus on the tree.
You've got more guts than me if you do that on a stock clutch bike. Hand slider, absolutely. As Busakiller noted, if the switch and stack height are set to have the switch right at the engagement point it could be done.

You've got more guts than me if you do that on a stock clutch bike. Hand slider, absolutely. As Busakiller noted, if the switch and stack height are set to have the switch right at the engagement point it could be done.
6 over geared-1/+3 gen 1 stock motor, pipe and PC. I weighed about 270 suited then.

Yea, that is probably fairly safe. My current stock clutch bike is 2013 motor, -1/+3 and I'm 160 so I roll the throttle open.
That extra hundred I'm carrying makes a lot of difference. I gotta hammer it to get it to 60 worth a damn.

Back