Aftermarket petcock

Ice3460

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone knows if a universal petcock will fit a 2000 Busa? Also if anyone knows the size so I can try to find one. I don't wanna spend an excessive amount of money. The stock one has worked fine for me. Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if a universal petcock will fit a 2000 Busa? Also if anyone knows the size so I can try to find one. I don't wanna spend an excessive amount of money. The stock one has worked fine for me. Thanks!
Am I missing something? I don't recall having a petcock on any of my 5 Busa's or the one's I have worked on. A petcock is a mechanical lever set to on/off/res. There is no switch to turn fuel on/off that I have come across in 20+ years of repairing Busa's. Ya got me.

Perhaps somebody has your answer.
Rubb.

Are you a Hayabusa site internet troll.

I mean, no offence or anything...everyone needs a hobby. :laugh:
Rubb.

Well in your 20 years of repairing them, you must not of pulled the tank off of a 99 or a 2000. With the external fuel pump there is a petcock that has a screen connected to it that is bolted to the tank. That is where your fuel comes out. Because its fuel injected it has a flat plate. If you notch it you are able to turn it off and on. Part number is 44300-24f03. Its listed as the cock assembly. So now I would like to get back to my original question. If anyone has an alternative solution to whatever you want to call that part( petcock, cock assembly, the gas screen release thingy) I would really appreciate it.

Reactions: c10
OK then...my bad. Cleaned, changed out a lot of petcocks in 40+ years.Just never one on a Busa. I'll go crawl back under my rock.

No worries man, you learn something new everyday! Unless you take it off the tank, it just looks like a valve!

I honed in on the word petcock taking it for its "old skool" meaning.
I had several fueling issues back in 2003 with my 2000 Bus. Had to diagnose/repair myself,so I am familiar with the part you speak of, NOW.

Hayabusa Wannabe got you covered on this.
I shall up my daily dosage...again.

Rubb.

Back