Negative Ghost Rider

All I can think is he ran out of gas or he ran out of nerve. He had a prefect exit to take right friggin there and the cop would have had to back up and chase him...which he probably would have done. If you're going to run in the city, that takes some balls, but that's how they get away if they can ride a little.

What I can't believe is that he drew his gun on him and then let him sit in the front seat. WT-?

Yeah, he was. A pretty young guy in the biggest trouble of his life so I can understand. I got busted, frisked, cuffed and hauled away for fingerprint and mugshots because I had no insurance on my vehicle a few years back. That cop put me in the back. LOL I didn't cry but I sure as hell was completely overwhelmed. Damn, I'm getting arrested!

Which is why I'm playing it cool now. I have a job and a life and something to loose. If I get busted for a 6 point violation like 35+ over the limit, it could well be bye-bye career and I'm back where I was. Kids don't know that. I didn't even know that because I really didn't have anything to loose a few years back. If I'm going to really go fast, it's going to be on a track from now on. It's hard to not go fast on the street. Cryin out loud, ordinary people think 120 is fast and that's really nothing on a straight road. If a cop can get behind me, I stop. The only time I didn't was when the cop was on the other side of a divided expressway. No way to follow me so am I supposed to stop and wait for him to cross the overpass to get on my side of the road? No sir. I got the hell outta there...and I was crapping myself the whole way. I don't need that kind of excitement.
The way you were treated for not having insurance is over the top,a huge over reaction by the officer.

I think deciding to stop is a situational decision, just like deciding to pursue. I have run and gotten away many more times than I have run and gotten caught. I have also stopped and not got a ticket many more times than I have stopped and got one.
You can outrun the police, (and the radio)
but as with anything else, you have to be able to live with the consequences of your actions.
when we don't stop it becomes more of a crime than just a violation and seems to be taken personally by law enforcement,so I try not to poke the bear that has a gun. ;)

when we don't stop it becomes more of a crime than just a violation and seems to be taken personally by law enforcement,so I try not to poke the bear that has a gun. ;)
Agreed, but it depends on what you were doing to begin with. Some things are more serious than others. I've been caught street racing and stopped, cop had every right to arrest me for what he saw me doing and didn't. We were in an isolated area with no traffic and he gave me a break. Told me to tell everyone else to go home, if he caught us racing again that night we were going to jail.

Agreed, but it depends on what you were doing to begin with. Some things are more serious than others. I've been caught street racing and stopped, cop had every right to arrest me for what he saw me doing and didn't. We were in an isolated area with no traffic and he gave me a break. Told me to tell everyone else to go home, if he caught us racing again that night we were going to jail.
The road I mostly ride has a nice long straight and on the weekends at night the locals drag race there......so much rubber put down on the road where they start it looks like an actual drag strip..........the local police officer lives about a mile down the road,it's cool to have a cool cop. :D

the results of running vs stopping and getting a speeding ticket vs the very costly outcome of running. It was just a general question and realizing what the outcome would surely be because of the decision.
I see videos of them running and they get away. I tend to think most of the videos end up like this one did and that's why they don't show them. Eventually the rider can't take the pressure any longer and they give up. They're the hunted not the hunter.

I have run and gotten away many more times than I have run and gotten caught.
Damn, you ran and didn't get away? You musta had some major legal trouble.

The way you were treated for not having insurance is over the top,a huge over reaction by the officer.
Yeah.....well, the registration tag on my car was 4 years old. Of course, they assume you don't have insurance if you didn't register the plate. No insurance is a significant danger to other motorists most places. In Michigan where they have no fault insurance, I don't see how it matters. The other guy's insurance won't pay for you anyway.

The cop was really young and they are tough because they know their bosses are scrutinizing them. It was ONE stinking block from my house that he stopped me but he wouldn't let me drive the car to my home rather than be towed. If I got in an accident, he would be responsible for letting me do that.

The District attorney was cool with me. I had to pay the fine which I think was about $600 but he reduced the charges to something that was not a misdemeanor. My insurance never went up either. They didn't report it, I guess.

Interesting topic....:popcorn:
My turbo charged Hayabusa is strictly for show.:firing:
Law Breakers...can not be tolerated and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
*All that typed with a steady hand and a straight face*
Should have gone into politics. Carry on gentlemen.
Rubb.

The Police policy here in NZ has changed recently . . . due to the crash/death rate in Police chases (bikes and cars) the Police have a policy of abandoning pursuits with motorcycles as soon as they run. As for car pursuits, they call off the chase just before the car crashes due to the high speed, inexperience/youth and adrenaline kicking in.
Occasionally the car gets away, but they are almost always seen and caught later on in the day.
We have had dozens of fatalities from Police chases over the last few years.
Almost always young, dumb and full of bravado. Oh and booze too.

Correct, and correct. I was in San Francisco, they chased and cornered me. When I saw the one in front of me I shut it down. Arrested, bike impounded, multiple charges. No felony conviction, but a ton in lawyer fees.
Just when you think you know somebody...they turn out to be all gangsta.
J/K Bro. From the bible: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
I had to empty my pockets of rocks and gravel years ago about age two, I think.;)
Rubb.

Yeah.....well, the registration tag on my car was 4 years old. Of course, they assume you don't have insurance if you didn't register the plate. No insurance is a significant danger to other motorists most places. In Michigan where they have no fault insurance, I don't see how it matters. The other guy's insurance won't pay for you anyway.
Michigan and their insurance laws are ridiculous, hopefully the changes that are supposed to go into effect will put us into normal insurance rates. Ridiculous for them to arrest you, impound the car I've had happen many times for no insurance but only arrested when the cop was mad that he went after the wrong car and his buddies made fun of him even they found the right one.

Just when you think you know somebody...they turn out to be all gangsta.
J/K Bro. From the bible: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
I had to empty my pockets of rocks and gravel years ago about age two, I think.;)
Rubb.
It was the mid 90's, I was in my mid 20's, had a fast bike (1990 ZX-10) and thought I would get away, which is what I told the cop when he asked why I ran. Didn't get a felony attempt to evade because I shut it down when I saw the lights in front of me. Reckless, speeding, multiple ignoring traffic control devices, failure to yield.
Stupid is expensive.

It was the mid 90's, I was in my mid 20's, had a fast bike (1990 ZX-10) and thought I would get away, which is what I told the cop when he asked why I ran. Didn't get a felony attempt to evade because I shut it down when I saw the lights in front of me. Reckless, speeding, multiple ignoring traffic control devices, failure to yield.
Stupid is expensive.
But lesson learned eh Jeremy. Could have gone ugly. I'm sure with yer cool attitude and common sense approach to things it helped you thru that deal. Good stuff.
Rubb.

But lesson learned eh Jeremy. Could have gone ugly. I'm sure with yer cool attitude and common sense approach to things it helped you thru that deal. Good stuff.
Rubb.
I'd love to agree with you, but in reality it took a while for the lesson to set in, but eventually it stuck. I was very different back then, lacked sense of any kind, and my attitude was far from cool. I've calmed down a lot.

I'd love to agree with you, but in reality it took a while for the lesson to set in, but eventually it stuck. I was very different back then, lacked sense of any kind, and my attitude was far from cool. I've calmed down a lot.
Growing up all at once is a lofty goal I gave up on long ago.
I'm still stoopid,but happy. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

We have all been there Youth & a whole lot of hormones. It is a wonder just to make it through all the craziness of 17 to 21.

You gotta love the "news."
Why did we have to have the information bestowed upon us that he was an AIRMAN ? Is that to warn locals that its not a calm cool law evading Navy rider? Or,"Be on the look out,crazed rider thought not to be a Marine."
I realize that its a military news reporting site...just thought it odd.
Something more likely to be heard/seen on mainstream bullshi7, I mean news. Mainstream news is more likely to report "A black man" or "Hispanic Female" ....they could just go with "person" but that just doesn't evoke enuff fear to sell more papers or get more web hits.
There is nothing middle class white grammie fears more than "A black man" in her suburban paradise. :laugh:
My hood is 99.9% white. I fear "whitey" more than anybody around here.
A black man could not could not could not commit a crime around here and get away for more than 5 seconds. He'd be spotted/pickup real qwik.
Sort of discrimination...in a way.
Cops: "Are you the man we're looking for?"
Black guy: "Ya got me"

Case closed. :laugh:
We are also a predominately NAVY town. If a guy with a brush cut hair-do commits a crime...they start at the Navy Yard first.
Then check with the 10 or 12 Army dudes. :laugh:
Rubb.

We have all been there Youth & a whole lot of hormones. It is a wonder just to make it through all the craziness of 17 to 21.
Speak for yourself Nastee...I'm 56 and still waiting on the azzhole and hormones to calm down.
I do have fun thou. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Speak for yourself Nastee...I'm 56 and still waiting on the azzhole and hormones to calm down.
I do have fun thou. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
I hear you but learned the HARD WAY that one has to exercise restraint on a powerful street bike if you are going to survive any length of time. I get down but when it is time to get on it you go all in but when it's time to get off throttle I do so. It's one or the other like a light switch, on or off. This style puts me at ease & in control. I feel no need to force anything and avoid making costly mistakes that are not necessary. It is very easy when riding in a group to fall into that dog chomping at the bit mentality.

Back