Member Rocketmn deceased....

Frank sent me a link that I have not read yet but I believe that is the thread you are talking about.
I'm going to look at it today and hopefully it can be read.
If so, combined with the info he is sending, I can most likely get a full accounting of each bike.
Hopefully these rides will end up in the hands of someone that truely appreciates the love and hard work that was put into them.
You holdin' up ok Brian? This would test me beyond words.
Rubb.

Sad sad news. I followed that build thread of the Gen 2 with eyes wide open. RIP. Please post here for sale when you decide to do it. I'll keep my eyes on that Gen 2.

I have to say, every time I look at that Gen2, I want to keep it but I'd never be able to ride it to any level of its performance.
My buddy Mike keeps offering to go on a payment plan so he can keep it:D but I told him that's not likely to happen.
It's in his garage and he said he goes out to look at it every day. He makes me laugh.

I have to say, every time I look at that Gen2, I want to keep it but I'd never be able to ride it to any level of its performance.
My buddy Mike keeps offering to go on a payment plan so he can keep it:D but I told him that's not likely to happen.
It's in his garage and he said he goes out to look at it every day. He makes me laugh.
List em both, keep whichever one doesn't sell first...

Take a bike course to make you comfortable on the bike..

Your cousin spent a pile of money and time to get that bike where it is today, I think he'd like it to be owned and ridden by someone in his blood-line.
Kind of like the passing of the family sword.

Most people with a bike like that (or even a stock Hayabusa) don't ride them anywhere near their potential anyway so don't feel like that is what's holding you back.

I know @greg3852 wouldn't mind having that gen 2 and im sure there's quite a few people on the org including myself that would like to sew him own it after his busa fiasco. I suggest a go fund me off sorts for anything he couldn't come up with to get it but knowing him he wouldn't let us help him that way as he already proved. Either way wether u keep it or it goes away I just hope it ends up with someone that will enjoy and respect it like I know Greg would and the way I know your cousin did.

Thank you from the heart.
He was a good guy, always had a connection with him, first cousins, 18 days older than me, both our parents must have been busy around the same time...
Perhaps Brian IF you did decide to keep one,you could roll on it with some kind of a little tribute to The Rocket Man!!! Find an' ace with a gift for swinging the airbrush gun. Sky's the limit on that. Nothing gawdy...just a little sumfin sumfin.
Rubb.

I know @greg3852 wouldn't mind having that gen 2 and im sure there's quite a few people on the org including myself that would like to sew him own it after his busa fiasco. I suggest a go fund me off sorts for anything he couldn't come up with to get it but knowing him he wouldn't let us help him that way as he already proved. Either way wether u keep it or it goes away I just hope it ends up with someone that will enjoy and respect it like I know Greg would and the way I know your cousin did.
Thank you. I would love to tear up the roads on that monster. I've been working on the wife to get her in a good place should everything fall into place.

I think I may have mentioned it but Mike took the Gen2 out for a short spin and said it rode very well.
He didn't get on it too hard but he said it had good street manners.
The Gen1 needs to be detailed, since it appears Rich hadn't ridden in quite some time and the bike just sat.

I think I may have mentioned it but Mike took the Gen2 out for a short spin and said it rode very well.
He didn't get on it too hard but he said it had good street manners.
The Gen1 needs to be detailed, since it appears Rich hadn't ridden in quite some time and the bike just sat.
I know how to clean I bike. I'm more interested in what has been done to it

I know how to clean I bike. I'm more interested in what has been done to it
Mike tells me it is a Velocity Stage 2 with meth injection.

For everyone here, there are a lot of spare parts that I will also list including some new carbon fiber for one of the bikes, I believe for the Gen 2 but I could be wrong on that.
It will take some time to get it all sorted due to work and other demands.

Mike tells me it is a Velocity Stage 2 with meth injection.

For everyone here, there are a lot of spare parts that I will also list including some new carbon fiber for one of the bikes, I believe for the Gen 2 but I could be wrong on that.
It will take some time to get it all sorted due to work and other demands.
Well that's a start. Internals worked or is this just a mild add on? Do we know who did the work yet. I'm not pushing for info, just trying to stay current on what you have learned. I know you have a LOT you are taking in on all this.

Well that's a start. Internals worked or is this just a mild add on? Do we know who did the work yet. I'm not pushing for info, just trying to stay current on what you have learned. I know you have a LOT you are taking in on all this.
Frank has the info for some work he did on the Gen1 and he should be sending it out once he has is all copied.
The Gen 1 did dyno 330whp based on what Frank told me.
I don't know who originally tweaked the bike but Rich owned it since new in 2002 based on the title.
I don't know if the engine was done and I hope that info can be gleaned from the invoices.
If not perhaps Frank can tell me but I'll wait to see what he sends me.

Back