What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

replaced the ignition coils with new,the Bus had developed a slight surge noticeable when trying to hold a constant low speed like passing through a small town where the limit is 25mph.......improved acceleration too as a bonus.

Gen 2 2014 (19,736 mi - bought the bike 01/2019 with 10k on the odo)

Rebuild Fr Brake MC
  • Had the rebuild kit but once I got it apart the old stuff looked new, so I just cleaned/greased it all up, put it back together - Now I got a spare rebuild kit
PicRip.01.png

PicRip.02.png

PicRip.03.png

PicRip.04.png

PicRip.05.png

PicRip.06.png

PicRip.07.png

PicRip.08.png

New Fr pads
IMO, the old pads could have stayed on, but ... really cheap brake insurance is the way I look at it

PicRip.09.png

PicRip.10.png

PicRip.10a.png

PicRip.11.png

Fr bleed
(camera failure - limited pics)
PicRip.09b.png

• Lines were completely empty cuz of the MC rebuild
  • Bled the lines with a combo of calipers off and on the rotor.
  • Bled right side caliper (off the rotor) (that's what those inserts between the pads are for) til I got some feel at the lever, left it off rotor...THEN
  • Bled the left side (on rotor) - almost full lever feel
  • Mounted right side onto rotor (then pulled it off cuz I couldn't get to the R side bleeder valve with the hose or the wrench - attached the wrench and hose, then remounted it on the rotor)
  • Re-bled Right side.
  • Motorex DOT 4

Took it for a ride> Nice clean feel> No leaks!!

(That "notchy" feeling in the lever was due to the fact I'd never lubed the lever's contact points with the MC piston. (or the lever's hinge pin, for that matter). Now: butter-status. MUCH more feel. If it weren't for COVID, I would be upgrading to the RCS-19, but no income for a couple months, no RCS-19 for the foreseeable future)

Is there a shortcut for attaching the bleeder hose line to the valve other than pulling the caliper off the rotor???
And one of the reasons the L side was easy to get at was because I could approach it from the R side as the R caliper was off rotor> a clear shot for the hose and valve. AND I could bleed the L side from the R side of the bike ... you know, where the brake lever is ...

Back