New member from Scotland :)

Well they found the fault...
A circlip caused this
Could have been a lot worse tbh, no smashed teeth in there :)

received_1456420211203286.jpeg

received_617991025705170.jpeg

received_628861531270081.jpeg

received_489436098395233.jpeg

received_209517553453499.jpeg

received_191977982248825.jpeg

received_570891470302849.jpeg

received_2824397617638587.jpeg

That shift fork looks ruff,ouch. Gen I shift forks are better,if memory serves me correct they are interchangeable. Also,if its still apart,cut them gears,I'm hard on a trans,1000 over red line,changed the settings on the 'puter. Cut em because 2nd is famous for fuggin up.
And skip the pie,mail me some haggis. :super:

Rubb. oh,and...:welcome:

Haha aye the fork looks like its been glowing red - seems a circlip failed and the lot slid, apparently in many years of ripping these appart he's never seen it before - see the side locators of the gear? not flat anymore :( - I am not going to get them cut though, more of a financial thing - been off work for 8+ month because of my knee but hoping to be back soon. She is a gen 1 I think? 2005?
The lads working on her are putting on a TRE - something to do with limiter and tricking the bike its in 5th not 6th for full power and have told me to get an inlet cam for the exhaust for the next step so I ordered one last night - added 15bhp or so.
They are also on about a power commander etc but we will see what happens, hoping she gets rolling roaded today/tomorrow to see what shes making atm....and turbo's :o - Im not a good enough rider for that caper yet though.
Also both forks are leaking so they are going to do the seals and just have a good once over really - really lucky to have such knowledgable lads helping me. I'll get a good bike out her yet :)

Ok Bert,'course wee gonna call ya Scotty,
Shift forks-change them if you can
Skip getting the gears cut...I dunno
Yes,she is a Gen I (1999-2007)
TRE....save yer money,labour/part flash ECU instead
Swap intake cam for exhaust cam,yer broke right,funds tight,big labour cost.
Chain has to come off,install new cam,timing,etc.
Power Commander cause's issues sometimes,flash ECU instead
Leaking forks...make sure the brake fluid has not destroyed yer pads
Turbo eh... when I bought me this 5th Hayabusa I decided to stop pussy footin' around.Just get the big gun this time. 550 HP. I dont know what that is in that language you speak. :poke: BHP ? Newton meters ?
Hell...driving on the WRONG side of the road.:laugh:

Have a good one... I had knee surgery,need to do the other one aswell,good luck with that,and getting back to the 9-5 thing.

Rubb.:beerchug:

lol rubb, I'm not paying for the tre - its a gift :)
I'm not sure the plans re the fork yet but I assume changed out.
Can I flash the ECU with ktag/kess do you know? I could dig it out the garage. I thought it was just gen2's it supported but may be wrong as I read somewhere about the ecu changing from 16-32 bit somewhere.... I shall investigate!
The cam tbh wont cost much in labour as they are good to me, I helped them out once before and they dont forget :) - It will likely end up added onto a future bill but I found a set of cams for £55 so thought it best to buy while they were so cheap :)
Pads are fine atm but it needs done now before anything happens :)
550hp... madness! Lovely bike but I'm not ready for that yet, give me a year or two :)
Aye knee surgery is a nightmare and I may need more - they were on about cutting my leg in half to plate/pin it if this doesnt work but we will see. Really annoyed about it as we pay health insurance in the UK out our wages but the waiting times are mental - I waited 10 months to be told at least a years wait yet... then I called back and was told due to corona having a knock on effect looking more like 2-3 years more wait so I had to cough up £4k for it myself with a private doctor. Really bitter about that tbh.
I will report what they end up advising/doing later :)

Had a look, seems to be the same ecu from 02-07 so I can bench it just via the port. Downloaded romraider and a stock rom with defenitions for a look... will try and get a read once I get the bike back :) - Right enough be better than power commander etc :)

Had a look, seems to be the same ecu from 02-07 so I can bench it just via the port. Downloaded romraider and a stock rom with defenitions for a look... will try and get a read once I get the bike back :) - Right enough be better than power commander etc :)
Hi. You should get the gears back cut at least. They round off. Then it will jump out of gear. I have in my clutch and trans $7,200.00 US. I know it is more than you paid for your bike.

Hi. You should get the gears back cut at least. They round off. Then it will jump out of gear. I have in my clutch and trans $7,200.00 US. I know it is more than you paid for your bike.
TBH in an ideal world I would have the entire bike rebuilt, but if the lads who have made various drag bikes say they are fine, I trust them :) I wont be drag racing it etc. I will see exactly whats replaced - 1 of the gears and the fork obviously but how much more I dont know. The engines done 50k+ but apparently looks like a 10k engine inside so it cant be bad.
So far the bill isnt at all bad and I have every faith in the lads doing it... should see the blokes workshop.... many turbo bikes and fighters <3

TBH in an ideal world I would have the entire bike rebuilt, but if the lads who have made various drag bikes say they are fine, I trust them :) I wont be drag racing it etc. I will see exactly whats replaced - 1 of the gears and the fork obviously but how much more I dont know. The engines done 50k+ but apparently looks like a 10k engine inside so it cant be bad.
So far the bill isnt at all bad and I have every faith in the lads doing it... should see the blokes workshop.... many turbo bikes and fighters <3
HI. I would at least look in getting 2nd gear back cut. I know you do not need a trans and clutch like I have 750 + HP. I see 45% of street ridden Busa with bad 2nd gear. When I bought my 1999 bike it had a bad 2nd gear. He wanted $5,500. I got it for $2,500.00.

Yeah seconds always the most abused on bikes tbf, and a common fault - wheelies etc just take their toll.
750hp is a bit mental aint it? you trying to rotate the globe hahaha - lets see your bike :)

I believe 6th gear is on the same shaft as 2nd gear? They had it in their hands. I know you like there shop,but recommending a power commander over a 2nd gear cut....I dunno.
Rubb.
It was more a case of it was lying in the top of a tool box as he went standalone on one of his, think he was only asking £20 or something daft but I hadnt realised I had the gear to read/write on the bench at that point.

Last edited:
Yeah seconds always the most abused on bikes tbf, and a common fault - wheelies etc just take their toll.
750hp is a bit mental aint it? you trying to rotate the globe hahaha - lets see your bike :)
Hi. Well that is on the low side for VP Q16. I will also run VP X85L and VP M1 hope for about 1000HP using the RCC 1000HP kit but up dated by DME with custom JE pistons and rods by CP Corrillo. I will rev to 13500 RPM.

Hi. No it will be 100% street legal with head and tail lights, turn signals, mirrors, reflectors. On the street it will be tuned for pump 93 gas about 400 HP.
Madness!
Well, they have ordered all the parts I need....
Number 3 shift fork , 3rd and 4th drive gear , 6th drive gear , circlip , assorted gaskets.
See what she makes on the dyno after all thats done, and the fork seals etc.

Back