Kawi fender swap

simanio872

Registered
Hi guys,
Figured i’d share in case anyone was interested in something similar. picture of the busa is from a video i saw of a bike that tricked out cycles in penn. built, fender caught my eye and they told me it was off of a kawi 650. Found a guy locally that happened to have a fender off a 1000z sx(?). Seems to clear everything fine so far (will update when i put it on with the wheel) but will not bolt right up, Top hole needs to be re-drilled and covered. I should have more pics and answers on clearances tomorrow if anyones interested:)

43E95EBE-8311-4C24-8A94-46B114E55CDB.jpeg

6EEA1377-7611-4745-B45F-4812A6402B8D.png

I like it. My 14 has a Yanna-Shiki front fender that looks like a ZX-10 fender. It's not very strong but it is much lighter than any OEM fender. I've been up to 180 mph with it and no problems. For $60, I don't mind if I need to replace it if I tighten a bolt too hard (CRACK). It fits right on there to the OEM brackets.

IDK if this is as nice looking but might be worth checking out. There are better looking Yanna Shikis for liter bikes but IDK if they fit the busa.

Yana Shiki Front Fender Black #FFS-308-BK for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 1999-2007 | eBay

Hi guys,
Figured i’d share in case anyone was interested in something similar. picture of the busa is from a video i saw of a bike that tricked out cycles in penn. built, fender caught my eye and they told me it was off of a kawi 650. Found a guy locally that happened to have a fender off a 1000z sx(?). Seems to clear everything fine so far (will update when i put it on with the wheel) but will not bolt right up, Top hole needs to be re-drilled and covered. I should have more pics and answers on clearances tomorrow if anyones interested:)

View attachment 1613468

View attachment 1613469
Just save the drilling and modifications and get a gsxr fender, which is a direct bolt on to gen2 forks. Can’t remember which year gsxr mine came off of, but compared color codes and found this one off a gsxr that would bolt right on and was the same pearl white as my bike.
There are a couple of threads about it on this forum.

99D7735F-0C6C-4B46-8D9A-CB506CEFE04F.png

Just save the drilling and modifications and get a gsxr fender, which is a direct bolt on to gen2 forks. Can’t remember which year gsxr mine came off of, but compared color codes and found this one off a gsxr that would bolt right on and was the same pearl white as my bike.
There are a couple of threads about it on this forum.

View attachment 1613508
True but honestly more of something to do, figured it would be a little unique and give me something to do for a couple days lol

Is that fender the same oem color code as your bike? If so, what year did it come off of? I was looking for one myself but never could figure out what year GSXR had the silver flake.
I had it painted. And I just had it painted black. Not exact color code but "black is black" was good enough for me.

Well in case anyone was curious the kawi fender turned out nearly perfect, then i screwed up the paint job:rolleyes: my buddy happened to have a gsxr 1000 fender laying around so just gonna rock that lol

61DFE0D2-E3FB-40AF-BAE0-F0167093D9C5.jpeg

Back