Online sources for direct replacement lithium battery?

Tached1300

Registered
Next move is a lithium battery just curious what you guys are having good fortune with that can be picked up online for a decent price. Pretty much a plug and play type deal Shorai, scorpion? Others?

Last edited:
I had a Shorai go south on me in year 3. The connector for the charger got hot and melted a little. I replaced it with a Zerogravity ATZ-10-RS which has been really good. Never an issue cranking hot or cold and my Busa has a 1397 which has given me issues with other batteries. Amazon was the best price I found.

I had a Shorai go south on me in year 3. The connector for the charger got hot and melted a little. I replaced it with a Zerogravity ATZ-10-RS which has been really good. Never an issue cranking hot or cold and my Busa has a 1397 which has given me issues with other batteries. Amazon was the best price I found.
Thanks for the recommendation, how long have you had the zero gravity?

I’ve bought from these guys for years. Mine is the Scorpion

Thanks! I recalled seeing you talk about the scorpion in another post

I’ve bought from these guys for years. Mine is the Scorpion

+1
About a year now with this batt. Based on Wuzza's recommend. No probs. Never trickle charged cuz I ride at least once a week (except for a recent 30-day injury timeout - put it on the charger for about 24 hrs during that time).

My only complaint is the CCA on this $200-ish batt: Around 40-45 deg F cold start cranks weak first press. Solution: wait a few seconds with ignition on before cranking, like maybe the batt needs to warm up?? IDK, but I think you already had a lith, so you know about this

(...)Solution: wait a few seconds with ignition on before cranking, like maybe the batt needs to warm up?? (...)

yes

my experiances last 3 years are :

if the lithium battery gets under around 15-18 °C / 59-64 °F
you have to "remember" her for around 1 minute with ign & lowbeam light (around 6-7 A) on, that she has to work.
every 5°C lower the lith needs around 30 seconds more.

in my ´90 FJ 1200 i have extra front lights (110W) + bi-xenon (as lowbeam 35W) + taillight (2 x21W)
summ = 177 W / 12 V ~ 14 A
with that Amperes my lith needs at 12°C around 1.5 minutes to "wake up"

additional info:
the self-discharge of a lith is less than 1% per month
the self-discharge of an acid is at 3-5% per month
and
the loss of capacity of an acid is really strong - it looses 30% capacity after one year - irretrievably .
a lith don´t know the word "loss of capacity".

so read in a test in a bike´s newspaper some 2 or 3 years ago

(i tested mine : for 4 months in winter time on the bench in a non heated workshop without any charger and the lith´s indicator said she were ok / full)

Scorpion here as well but mine is sstx20ch-fp. I only paid 179 for this 2 years ago. I think this matches the size dimensions of factory battery better than the other listed. Also this has 507cca.

When I was getting my tires installed I priced a Shorai Lithium battery and tender/charger...crazy prices...

It was around $450 Cdn for them, a Yuasa stock replacement was $85, I think I know what I'm going to get if I need a battery as I'm not that weight conscious.

I checked out a gel cell and it was expensive and really, really heavy so that is out too.

Scorpion here as well but mine is sstx20ch-fp. I only paid 179 for this 2 years ago. I think this matches the size dimensions of factory battery better than the other listed. Also this has 507cca.

Little update. Having an issue I think with the battery. Fully charged so my charger says, the led light on the battery only shows low. Been in a warm house all winter and on charger for 2 days. Take it out to start bike wouldnt start. I jumped it let bike run and warm up for 10 minutes. Few hours later I went out to start bike and started no problem. Not sure what is up.

I did reach out to battery stuff and they told me scorpion is not good with warranty replacements if used out of application they determine. So since this battery isnt stated for the gen2 hayabusa there couldnt be a warranty claim. Just something to keep in mind for any others interested.

Little update. Having an issue I think with the battery. Fully charged so my charger says, the led light on the battery only shows low. Been in a warm house all winter and on charger for 2 days. Take it out to start bike wouldnt start. I jumped it let bike run and warm up for 10 minutes. Few hours later I went out to start bike and started no problem. Not sure what is up.

I did reach out to battery stuff and they told me scorpion is not good with warranty replacements if used out of application they determine. So since this battery isnt stated for the gen2 hayabusa there couldnt be a warranty claim. Just something to keep in mind for any others interested.
Wonder if it had a "sleep mode" or something...

Kind of an odd thing for it to do...if it were me, that would be stuck in the back of my mind.

Wonder if it had a "sleep mode" or something...

Kind of an odd thing for it to do...if it were me, that would be stuck in the back of my mind.
Hmm not sure but appreciate the info. I'll have to see if I can find that kind of info somewhere.

I know when I charge my OE battery, I have it on 2 amp in the winter, just before I use it, I put it on regular charge for a few hours.

Don't know if a Li battery is similar...lots of others have them, they will chime in soon I'd wager.

Back