Possible new owner Dallas....Help!

SLickRickIRS

Registered
I'm looking at the new 2020 busa thinking about trading in my 2013 zx10r which I've had for a lil over 2 years and throw around like a rag doll. Can anybody tell me if the added weight, length, torque and power will be that drastic of a change? Dont want to trade in the 10 and be unhappy, then have a bike I dont enjoy riding

I'm looking at the new 2020 busa thinking about trading in my 2013 zx10r which I've had for a lil over 2 years and throw around like a rag doll. Can anybody tell me if the added weight, length, torque and power will be that drastic of a change? Dont want to trade in the 10 and be unhappy, then have a bike I dont enjoy riding
Why would you not just do a testride?
How do you expect someone else than yourself answer this question???

Why would you not just do a testride?
How do you expect someone else than yourself answer this question???
Dealership does not allow test rides on supersports, I have a friend that is goin to let me take his 13 busa out in the am, so I will find out but until then I was looking for others opinions

Dealership does not allow test rides on supersports, I have a friend that is goin to let me take his 13 busa out in the am, so I will find out but until then I was looking for others opinions
I hope you wont buy from a place which doesnt let you do a test ride...!

Like @Tached1300 said it's gonna depend on what kind of riding u do. Great thing about the busa is it does a little bit of everything well and you cam put a little time and mods into it and make it great in whatever your preference is. Take a look at some of the great bulls im the showcase such as @fallenarch or @ROADTOAD1340 or @c10 . They have some awesome builds all to accommodate their type of riding. But my opinion is ive never heard anyone say they don't enjoy the ride the busa offers.

Mainly high speed highways with the boys, on occasion I'll get out and cruise around the streets or take the wife out. No track or drag

You and your wife will enjoy the high speed stability. As for power, you won’t even notice she’s back there. :cool: But I’ve not yet reached 70,000 miles so...:D As for that dealer, if I rode in on a bike wearing proper gear, showed my m/c license and insurance card that had been valid for years and wanted to buy a bike but the salesman said no test rides, I’d buy somewhere else. I’d also return to that salesman and show him the bike I bought from the other dealer.

Appreciate the help guys, I'm goin to take my friends 13 out in the am, I'm not a newbie rider I been riding over 5 years started on a 650 then a 600 then a R1 to my zx10r and now thinking bout the busa, just a little concerned everybody kept telling me I need to stretch it just to keep it from comin up on me and I've never rode a stretched bike. Never had the front wheel come up on me unintentionally I'm not a big guy 5ft8 165... love my 10 just looking for something more comfortable for longer rides and my wife, she barely has anything to sit on on the 10

The Busa, even highly modified is not a sport bike. It is designed for smooth power and stability. You can ride a sport bike incorrectly and the light, quick steering will mask your inexperience. Handling a Busa requires counter-steering, especially at speed. It has power and weight so you must be deliberate in directing it.

On the other hand, you will be amazed at the motor. It pulls much harder than the ZX10 at very low RPMs, so you will find managing the engine super simple - a lot less shifting. But beware, roll on the throttle and all hell will break loose. So even the throttle control requires good riding habits. If you ride with your weight on your arms you are going to get taken for a ride by the throttle.

Then there are the brakes. They will not be the match of the ZX10's. So remember to give yourself a bit more braking space.

The Busa is an amazing bike and one of the 2 greatest bikes ever in the class. The ZX10 is an average sport bike (no offense intended). But still, as I said the Busa is not a sport bike. Don't spend 10 minutes on the Busa and make a choice. You need to ride it for a few hours so you get the muscle memory of the ZX 10 out of your mind and start to appreciate the Busa.

That's my 2 cents.

Jump on You Tube and peruse the thousands of videos on the Hayabusa...this will give you at least a bit of a review of what the bike is like...when you take your friend's bike out you will have an idea of what it is like.

I've never rode a ZX10 but have rode a CBR1K, GSXR1K, the Busa has quite a bit more torque and handles quite well for what it is. The Brembo brakes work well but the bike is heavier so just like Willie says, give yourself a bit more room.

Your wife will appreciate the Hayabusa rear seat much better than the postage stamp sized rear seat on a ZX10...

You will really like being 2 up more so on the Busa night and day difference and also at highway speeds it’s in another league compared to the high strung nature of a liter bike. The Busa is like riding in a Cadillac vs the zx-10 being an old hot rod with no overdrive and 4:30 gears out bike lol.

Also the power delivery is linear and the throttle isn’t as twitchy as the liter bike, the Busa is tame in comparison I find it much easier to control the throttle. Don’t be mistaken though it will be tame in the lower rpms but it is a high rpm machine all your doubt will disappear once you visit the upper rpm range it is no joke, I like to say intoxicating

I agree with @fallenarch except that the Busa feels like a sport bike to me. I treat it like it's a sport bike. The difference being I've never owned a ZX-10R. Which goes back to what others have said here: you gotta ride it for a minute. Which means, IMHO, you gotta buy one to know if you're gonna like it.

Has anyone ever known that person who bought a Hayabusa and decided it wasn't the bike for them?

I have seat time on both ZX10 , and the busa . I own a Busa , but repair / build Kawasaki's .
My particular bird is Tuned by BCP @Boosted Cycle Perf making just 207 hp / 116 Tq @ 508 Wet .
Its a fun ride , and ZX10's just can't seem to keep up ;)

Daniel there is no Riding NEW motorcycles in the US . Some dealers have new demo units to test or used units to test ride . However the Hayabusa , and like it ZX14 , R1 there are no demo bikes out there .

I test rode three new and one used bike that I picked from the showroom. The new ones had from 4-5 miles on them and were offered as new. I test rode my Kawasaki twice on successive days and bought it on the third day. It had 4 miles when I started and I put nearly 80 miles on it. They copied my mc license and that was It. My age may‘ve helped. It’s a large multi brand dealer. Smaller shops may be at a disadvantage.

I test rode three new and one used bike that I picked from the showroom. The new ones had from 4-5 miles on them and were offered as new. I test rode my Kawasaki twice on successive days and bought it on the third day. It had 4 miles when I started and I put nearly 80 miles on it. They copied my mc license and that was It. My age may‘ve helped. It’s a large multi brand dealer. Smaller shops may be at a disadvantage.
Maybe its California. You guys have the best riding. I learned on the zrxoa a 3500 dollar zrx in Texas is a 5000 dollar bike in California. Bike demand in your state is higher than here. I worked at a big Yamaha dealership in the mid 90s. Bike wasn't prepared unless it was bought.
Today similar on New units . Ride a used one is no problem with license / gear .

Maybe its California. You guys have the best riding. I learned on the zrxoa a 3500 dollar zrx in Texas is a 5000 dollar bike in California. Bike demand in your state is higher than here. I worked at a big Yamaha dealership in the mid 90s. Bike wasn't prepared unless it was bought.
Today similar on New units . Ride a used one is no problem with license / gear .
Same as around here as far as test riding goes...it's not a thing. Some dealerships won't even let you sit on the bike unless you are with a salesperson for fear it will fall..

I can just imagine some 18 yr old kid with a bike license walking into a dealership and wanting to take an H2 out for a test ride...

Back