Exhaust help

Agree

But wait, who rides around just off idle, it’s off the two step straight to the rev limit bitches! Ha-ha!

Again I’m in the full exhaust camp if you are going to put an exhaust on. But the OP stated he’s not looking for power and speaks of being on a budget. If you have the money sky is the limit but if you are limited in funds it boils down to relative value of if spending the money for the amount of change is going to be worth the aftermath it causes to the finances short and long term lol. Joking here of course but if he has a lil one at home that money could buy a lot of pampers or formula lol.
No little yet. My wife wants me to get rid of the bik. lol.. i have the money but i just dont want to spend another $500 on top of the slip ons I purchased which was $600. I i want a sick sound.. but i do love the way the slip ons work I wouldn't mind doing 4 into 2 but but is that worth doing ?

Yes I get it and I'm not being argumentative. A lot of guys go slipons and 90% go back for a full later spending a lot more total. Many justify slipons because they don't plan to run the bike like they stole it. There are a lot of benifits to anyone with a full exhaust. There is the weight, opening up the engine and getting rid of the hot cats. IMHO everyone can appreciate those benifits. On top of that, many full exhausts cost only a little more than slipons. There is the need for a tune but again any stock will benift from getting rid of that awful lean map that makes the bike stumble through the low end.
that is true.. already spent $600 on slipons. now looking back i wish i just did full exhaust but kinda of late now for that. the quesiton is if i can sell my slipons i dont mind spending a few hundred more for a full system. I dont know if i want to do dual love the way it looks now... cant i just get headers to the slipons?

No little yet. My wife wants me to get rid of the bik. lol.. i have the money but i just dont want to spend another $500 on top of the slip ons I purchased which was $600. I i want a sick sound.. but i do love the way the slip ons work I wouldn't mind doing 4 into 2 but but is that worth doing ?
A compromise could be keeping your stock header and slip ons and adding the bolt on H-pipe that eliminates the cats which would reduce weight, eliminate some heat and let it be a tad louder with the cats removed. I think it sold for $130-$150 abs that would let you keep the dual can look.

Someone posted a link in another thread but I can’t recall which one I’ll see if I can recall who posted it

A compromise could be keeping your stock header and slip ons and adding the bolt on H-pipe that eliminates the cats which would reduce weight, eliminate some heat and let it be a tad louder with the cats removed. I think it sold for $130-$150 abs that would let you keep the dual can look.

Someone posted a link in another thread but I can’t recall which one I’ll see if I can recall who posted it
That’s a great idea.

that is true.. already spent $600 on slipons. now looking back i wish i just did full exhaust but kinda of late now for that. the quesiton is if i can sell my slipons i dont mind spending a few hundred more for a full system. I dont know if i want to do dual love the way it looks now... cant i just get headers to the slipons?
@ottafish just put a header that isn't too badly priced on his if you look at his winter mods thread and it keeps the duals and seeing as u already have your slip ons might be the way to go

First time I hear about this. The OEM header is a one piece and only way to remove the cat is cutting open, “gutting it” and welding it back together.

You can't run the Yoshimura Ti 4-2-2 header without modification or using a step down flange to suit the slip on mid pipe size. I originally wanted to run the R77's with the header but found the gap was still large enough that I could use fingers to get a tight fit.

I had this made to suit the Yoshimura Ti header and any standard slip on mid pipe size due to the fact that I somehow have a Ti header and no cans to suit, both bikes run the same system from new :confused:

IMG_3055.JPG

First time I hear about this. The OEM header is a one piece and only way to remove the cat is cutting open, “gutting it” and welding it back together.
The h pipe tached is referring too haff you completely cut the converter section off and replace it with the new h pipe. I would rather go the route ottafish went and spend another 100 orso fir the whole header.

The h pipe tached is referring too haff you completely cut the converter section off and replace it with the new h pipe. I would rather go the route ottafish went and spend another 100 orso fir the whole header.
I can’t seem to find a full headers pipe to go to my youshimura R77 slip on

I can’t seem to find a full headers pipe to go to my youshimura R77 slip on
Thr one that @ottafish used I believe was the black widow header and is supposed to be same dimensions as the stock from what I read. That would give you the duals and the slip ons should fit, if your trying to go single sided sometime else should have done that and know which header to use.

Agreed I’d go that route as well before using the h-pipe version, I think it’s called Black Widow??

It was posted on here awhile back and I saw but don’t recall who posted it

Agreed I’d go that route as well before using the h-pipe version, I think it’s called Black Widow??
I've had black widow, decent bit of kit but when it came to the dyno back to back with just slip ons, it somehow lost 4 hp.

Mapped with slip ons then replicated with the full system and atmosphere.

I've had black widow, decent bit of kit but when it came to the dyno back to back with just slip ons, it somehow lost 4 hp.

Mapped with slip ons then replicated with the full system and atmosphere.
Great info thanks for sharing, I’m personally going with a full 4-2-1 system when I pull the trigger

sorry still learning on exhaust, but can someone explain what 4-2-1 means? or 4-3-1? what do those numbers mean? I keep seeing people talk about numbers.

sorry still learning on exhaust, but can someone explain what 4-2-1 means? or 4-3-1? what do those numbers mean? I keep seeing people talk about numbers.
4-2-1 means 4 exhaust pipes go into 2 exhaust pipes which exit 1 exhaust pipe (not a stock configuration for a Hayabusa)

The Hayabusa comes from the factory with a 4-2-1-2 exhaust

I've never encountered such a system as a 4-3-1...

aa.png

bb.jpg

Last edited:

dear , kidding us?
for sure no?
okay.

if you have a 4 cyl. motor like haya you find
4 downpipes from cyl. 1-4 which lead to
2 collectors to connect 1+2 and 3+4 to one short pipe each which lead to
1 collector to connect those 2 short pipes to 1 short pipe
where the midpipe to the one muffler is put on

the very short term for this kind of exhaust is 4 in 1

and some times these 4-1 have 2 additional pipes for interference 1-4 & 2-3

all this you can see in pics here at my race project my yamaha fj1100
(to all "jewelers" -lol- here : not nice welded but very functional)
scroll down and klick once the pics to open it in a new tab

@Yellow09 - u were faster - lol -

Back